Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I saw something about a website where you could get offers from 4 dealers. I know others have been able to get dealers to compete for the best price via e-mail. I'm a very serious customer and I want to get the best price. Any tips?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I just looked up the website addresses for all of the Honda dealers in my area. I sent an initial email letting them know what I was looking for and asked for a quote. I got quotes from most, and a couple of phone calls which irritated me because I didn't want to do the phone thing. After the offers were in I would cut and paste the lowest offer and send it to another dealer who had the higher price and asked if they could do better. Has been working pretty well so far....I have an offer on an EX for $27,950.00. Will be buying at the end of the month.

·
Registered
21 Posts
From my experience, without actually going to the dealership in person, you will not get the best deal possible even if you do "dealer A has it for x, will you beat it?" etc.

Most dealers will quote you MSRP and won't budge much. They'll say lets talk in person.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Slate said:
From my experience, without actually going to the dealership in person, you will not get the best deal possible even if you do "dealer A has it for x, will you beat it?" etc.

Most dealers will quote you MSRP and won't budge much. They'll say lets talk in person.
That does seem to be the case usually, but when I negotiated my deal, I did all the bartering via email - and then followed up with a phone call to confirm. There was some last minute negotiations at the dealer when we took delivery that were the result of changing from "No Trade" to "Trade".

·
Registered
461 Posts
I never set foot in my dealership until I went to pick up the car. I didn't do the cut and paste or pit one dealer against another. I simply asked for the best price they could give and said I was ready to buy. Did this on a Saturday morning and by Saturday evening had my lowest price. Started faxing papers back and forth on Monday and went to get the Pilot the following week. Wonderful experience and I've actually not seen anyone get a better deal. I will always do the internet requests from now on, although I hope I won't have to replace my Pilot for a long time!:)

Good luck! It is kind of like opening a Christmas present when you arrive at the dealer for the first time and the shiny new car is waiting by to the door to go home with you!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
my3kids said:

[ S N I P P E D ]

It is kind of like opening a Christmas present when you arrive at the dealer for the first time and the shiny new car is waiting by to the door to go home with you!
Hmmm... yeah, the Afghan men feel the same way -- it's kind of like getting married and on the honeymoon, lifting up the cloth for the very first time... :D :D :D

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hey my3kids...How good is good!!!

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
my3kids said:
I never set foot in my dealership until I went to pick up the car.
You never test drove it??

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had driven one at a different dealer, but hated his pressure tactics and his price! When we got to the dealer we bought from, we drove it to make sure it wan't dragging parts or anything before we wrote the check!

Crazy: A few hundred above invoice.

Kemosabe: That blue veil color looks alot like my sage brush color on one of it's blue days.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

After having read just about everything on this forum I figured it was time to join. Especially since I am about to actually buy a Pilot :D

cat14

I think this is what you are looking for. http://www.carsdirect.com/home

I am currently in the process right now and it seems to be going very well. I have been to the dealer to test drive the Pilot, But not untill I got a response regarding a price quote. Now it is just a question of finding the exact model, options, color we want.

You might also find the following very interesting...I sure did

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/buying/articles/42962/article.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts