Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is buying a new car (no, not a second Pilot) and I was planning to go with either peoplefirst.com or e-loan.com.

Anyone here used one of these? How was the service? Would you recommend it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
A person in my office used PeopleFirst. He was very pleased. PeopleFirst send him a check which he took to the dealer to make the purchase. He said it was a very painless and quick process.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
bielen said:
A person in my office used PeopleFirst. He was very pleased. PeopleFirst send him a check which he took to the dealer to make the purchase. He said it was a very painless and quick process.
my sister used eloan 6 months back. Liked the customer service etc..very happy overall
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
:( Im planning to buy my wife a new car too, the pilot is too big for her, any comments on the C240 4matic? (you know to make her happy!:D )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
920 Posts
sblvro said:
:( Im planning to buy my wife a new car too, the pilot is too big for her, any comments on the C240 4matic? (you know to make her happy!:D )
Sorry, man...but the C240 is a piece of s**t!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
i would check and see what e-loan gives you to give the dealer. I have used peoplefirst more than once and have had nothing but good experiences. They send you a blank check to pay the dealer, so its all good. I have heard, however, that other online loan services give you some sort of promissory (spelling?) note. Many dealers won't accept this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
sblvro said:
:( Im planning to buy my wife a new car too, the pilot is too big for her, any comments on the C240 4matic? (you know to make her happy!:D )
You need to test drive it. If you are looking for sporty its not that...you should get the 3 series, however if you are looking for luxary you get it with this....

Its a nice ride but depends on what you are looking for in a car...

best of luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,953 Posts
Qbrozen said:
I have heard, however, that other online loan services give you some sort of promissory (spelling?) note. Many dealers won't accept this.
thats what my Credit union does. I need to take the purchase order to them and then they will give the check. I have not had any problems going this route. Typically the dealer will give me the car on another loan and give me x number of days to get the check from my Credit union
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
credit union is still different, though. You are getting the check from the credit union and delivering it. That's not quite how it works with these online places. Once the dealer accepts it, they have to get the money direct from the lender. The buyer is no longer in the loop. Not to mention a credit union is a little more real than some of these lenders that only exist in electron form. I can see the apprehension in accepting a promise from a ghost.

this has come up several times on that OTHER car discussion site which I won't name. Some salespeople there have said that some of these online lenders make them jump through hoops to get paid. So they opt to not accept that form of payment. But, like I said, Peoplefirst gives you a real live check, so its not an issue with them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
ramirami said:


You need to test drive it. If you are looking for sporty its not that...you should get the 3 series, however if you are looking for luxary you get it with this....

Its a nice ride but depends on what you are looking for in a car...

best of luck
:D I already have the evo8 in mind for myself and the pilot for my wife but after it felt too big for her, there's the compromise:( no stick for her though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
I got a check to use from People First. I wanted to use it for the purchase of my Pilot but a couple of things happened:

The dealer asked if I would consider going through my credit union since they had direct lending. They actually had a better rate than PeopleFirst so I agreed.

Then, by the time the car was actually delivered, the rates had come down even more! Very happy with the way things went.

It was still nice to have the check from PeopleFirst but when the rates came down, since I already had the check, I was stuck with that rate.

Lisa
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,370 Posts
I used People First when I got my Acura TL. They had the best rate at the time. Make sure you get pre approved from either Eloan or People First. It does not cost anything. Whatever rate you are approved at, when you actually buy a car at the dealership, they will offer you a lower rate than People First or Eloan. That's what happened when I got my Pilot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
166 Posts
I used PeopleFirst to buy the Pilot, and was very happy with the process and results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
I'm currently with PeopleFirst and I haven't experience any problems. I was gonna go with eLoan, but at that time PeopleFirst gave me the lowest interest rate.

Good luck
 

·
Admin Du Jour ®
Joined
·
989 Posts
I've used E-Loan in the past; good experience and best rate at the time. Peoplefirst is much the same, I've heard.

As some have mentioned, you don't get a "check", you get a "draft" to hand over to the dealer. Some dealers will refuse to accept them (they claim that the companies take too long to fund them; while that might be the case in some instances, my belief is the dealer doesn't want to lose the F&I income from putting you in one of their loans).

Best to check with the dealer in advance to make sure there are no surprises. I *think* Eloan/PF will make alternate arrangements with you if the dealer won't accept the draft you fill out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts
TheWorm said:

As some have mentioned, you don't get a "check", you get a "draft" to hand over to the dealer. Some dealers will refuse to accept them (they claim that the companies take too long to fund them; while that might be the case in some instances, my belief is the dealer doesn't want to lose the F&I income from putting you in one of their loans).
That is what happened to us. The dealer claimed they had a problem with the online loans and then came back and offered a lower rate than PeopleFirst.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
I used eloan and was quite happy. Unfortunately for eloan, I only ended up using them as leverage with the dealer (not my initial intention). The very worst you could do is to get the dealer to match the rate. Even better, get them to beat it and tell them you want half of the commission they get from the financing taken off the purchase price. Take full advantage of your purchasing power.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top