Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait until the first big snowstorm in Denver so I can go out and try the 4wd VTM-4 system. All other 4wd vehicles I have owned you have to press a button to go into 4 hi. In Denver you get days where the snow is melting on the streets, and there are patches of icy street and dry street. It will be nice to just drive and not worry about hitting the 4wd button all the time.

My luck is that this winter will be the dryest ever, and I'll never get to use it. Speaking of which, do you ever worry that if you always drive on dry pavement, you'll never "exercise" the VTM-4 and it wont be there when you need it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
If your luck runs correct, and you don't get the chance to hit the snow, have no fear. The VTM-4 is a pro-active system that will transfer power to rear wheel under hard acceleration even on pavement. If you feel the need to "know" it is being exercised, hit a dirt road or grassy area and engage it manually with the button on the dash. It will stay engaged for the first few gears.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Yes, the VTM-4 manual override will stay engaged up to 18mph. After that, it switches off (per the literature, not from experience).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts