Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

61 - 80 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
Next time I'm there looking for TP, I'll look for it. Thanks.
I might buy some and put in a Hyundai for kicks, lol.
TP is not recommended as a substitute for ATF, even in a Hyundai. :p

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Super tech is a good brand. ISA since late 40’s I believe. I use their oil. After all off it has the api seal and appropriate rating it’s all good.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Super tech is a good brand. ISA since late 40’s I believe. I use their oil. After all off it has the api seal and appropriate rating it’s all good.
Oh oh oh no. Yeah, technically your correct but there is ATF and there is really good ATF. For a product that does so much and you don't have to maintenance to often... MaxLife is better and money well spent.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm all for saving some money but I skip right over the Supertech stuff and grab a jug of Mobil1 oil or MaxLife ATF. Personal preference, stupidity, whatever you want to call it that's what I do.

·
Registered
3,050 Posts
I'm all for saving some money but I skip right over the Supertech stuff and grab a jug of Mobil1 oil or MaxLife ATF. Personal preference, stupidity, whatever you want to call it that's what I do.
Ditto. Even the cheap bastard in me walks past that stuff.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Mobil 1 ATF Multi vehicle does not say it's for Honda. They need to work on that.

Not for Honda unless you can find that it is somewheres I haven't seen.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Oh oh oh no. Yeah, technically your correct but there is ATF and there is really good ATF. For a product that does so much and you don't have to maintenance to often... MaxLife is better and money well spent.
Not the Supertech atf...motor oil. Perhaps I was unclear

·
Registered
3,050 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Mobil 1 ATF Multi vehicle does not say it's for Honda. They need to work on that. View attachment 134921
Not for Honda unless you can find that it is somewheres I haven't seen.
I know, right? M1 does make a DexVI fluid but it's not full synthetic. WTF. So I use Valvoline MaxLife on the Pilot and Sonata and Valvoline full synthetic DexVI on the Traverse.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I know, right? M1 does make a DexVI fluid but it's not full synthetic. WTF. So I use Valvoline MaxLife on the Pilot and Sonata and Valvoline full synthetic DexVI on the Traverse.
Yes, I use Mobil 1 Oils because I think it's better(used to use Valvoline oils), but I use MaxLife for my ATF. Otherwise I would have probably used a Mobil 1 ATF if they had one for Honda. I know I would have grabbed some when Wally-World is out of stock on ML. That's why I go back and keep staring at the Havoline ATF photo.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Yes, I use Mobil 1 Oils because I think it's better(used to use Valvoline oils), but I use MaxLife for my ATF. Otherwise I would have probably used a Mobil 1 ATF if they had one for Honda. I know I would have grabbed some when Wally-World is out of stock on ML. That's why I go back and keep staring at the Havoline ATF photo. View attachment 134930
Look away! Or @xGS will start posting the crappy DW-1 manufacturer again!

61 - 80 of 177 Posts