Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am moving back to the states in Jan and the Pilot is on the top of my list for a new vehicle. My question is can you hook up video games through the DVD system i.e. like a playstation, Nintendo etc?

·
Registered
191 Posts
I know I've read a few threads about those with RES that have hooked up game consoles in their Pilots. I think all you need is a DC/AC converter. Try doing a search for either Nintendo, Playstation, etc.

Welcome back to the states and to the site! You've made a good choice in the Pilot!! :4:

·
Registered
408 Posts
yes you can. The system has the plugs ready (R,Y,W) on the console, KOMPERs is right the extra that you need is the AC/DC converter. you can get it with, one or two outlets (Radio shack) around $58 bucks. or if you like you can get it from cyberguys.com

http://www.cyberguys.com

I have one, works also with my daughters (I have three) hair dryer.

Good luck:2:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just did this two nights ago. I bought a 400w power converter from Sam's with two outlets for about $28 (i don't know if it was a special or not). I then added a vcr and playstation using the RCA jacks on the rear console.
It works great. The power converter even has a fan that keeps it nice and cool.

:2:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

That's great news. I sure have been getting some great information off this site. Considering I am stationed in the UK all I had before I found this site was magazine articles, which you can never always trust, as much as information from owners. Hopefully I will be able to get a good deal when I get to Phoenix. If anyone knows a good dealer send it my way.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I have the same converter. I have run lots of different things off it. TV, Computer, DVD payer.
It works well, except for the low batt buzzer sometimes goes on.
I attribute that to the Honda chanrging system, that shuts off all charging when the car can run from the battery. Unfortunatly the voltage sags dows towards the minimum voltage during these times.

·
Registered
144 Posts
For those who use the RES or a portable DVD player or monitor to play video games like game cube, xbox or playstation in the Pilot, have you experienced any problems with skipping discs over bumps?

Evergreen

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
I have some skipping but seems related to the particular disk, and when the low voltage buzzer beeps, not to bumps.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Games

Gamecube is 12 Volts. You just need an Cig adapter from Gamestop.com

·
Registered
900 Posts
Ditto on Nintendo GameCube working well in the Pilot.
The kids find it fits nicely in the activity tray in the middle of the
second row seats, too. The 14 hour trip to Florida after Christmas should be a quiet one!

·
Registered
120 Posts
gamecube DC?

Mikmax 1. are you sure about the Gamecube. I just spent about 2o minutes running around in cyberland, including the Nintendo website and found no mention anywhere of a DC power cable for the gamecube.

·
Registered
6 Posts
You will need a power inverter! They are sized by watts. I purchased a 175 watt power inverter(MAXXssT 175 watt dc to ac power inverter) from Walmart for 29.99. I was able to run my portable PC on it during our 15.5 hour trip to Disney. I used my PC to allow the kids to watch DVD's, since I did not get RES. Not bad either, 15.1" screen, and when they were done, they listened to mp3's and played computer games. Only one plug interface on my power inverter though.

It is my understanding you should not get a power inverter larger than 175 watts and run it through the power ports/cigarette lighters. Larger inverters (read as >175 watts) will cause the wiring to get hot and possibly fry/short. That is why on most larger inverters, they recommend that you hardwire the inverter right to the battery.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Thanks

par55 said:
Hopefully I will be able to get a good deal when I get to Phoenix. If anyone knows a good dealer send it my way.
Hey Par55, I started a couple of threads on this. Hopefully, this will help. Welcome (back) to Phoenix.

http://honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2404

Or the original thread: http://honda-pilot.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2394

I hope this helps you in your search. I've had good luck so far with Honda Cars of Mesa, but check out the 1st post from Jiaronnis in the 1st thread above. He's a military guy as well, and got a discount from Bell Honda's Fleet Dept. Stay out of their main showroom, though! Let me know if you need additional info on my Honda Cars of Mesa sales guy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts