Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2013 pilot with navigation and DVD player. A couple of weeks ago it started not accepting discs and every time I open a door or turn the car on it sounds like it’s trying to load a disc for a minute and then it turns off. If I put a disc in it immediately spits it out. I’m guessing I will need to replace the whole DVD player. Where do I find one without taking my car to the dealership?
I have tried disconnecting the battery to reset it all and that didn’t help.
Thanks for any help with this issue!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
A couple of things to try:
  1. First, try a couple of different discs just to make sure it isn't a bad disc. Probably not your situation, but it's quick and costs nothing.
  2. Blow some compressed air in there in case some lint or dust or whatever is interfering with the optical sensors.
  3. Get one of those CD/DVD cleaning discs with tiny microfiber brushes on them and cleaning liquid (or use a small amount of isopropyl alcohol).
  4. If all else fails, try local salvage yards for a replacement unit before going to the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I will try some dust off. I have tried different discs and I have put a cleaning disc in there, but it just ejects it right away. I may have to go to the salvage yard. I hadn’t thought of that! Good idea!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts