Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Pilot. The DVD navigation is very out of date. I would say about 5-7 years old. Due to this it is not helpful at all to use it. I tried the honda and alpine webpages. When you get to the part to order an update you get a bad link. Does anyone know when a new update is coming out and how much I will have to pay for it? I thinks that it is sorry to buy a brand new car and then have to update the navigation ater the first day of owning it.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
radioman said:
I have a 2004 Pilot. The DVD navigation is very out of date. I would say about 5-7 years old. Due to this it is not helpful at all to use it. I tried the honda and alpine webpages. When you get to the part to order an update you get a bad link. Does anyone know when a new update is coming out and how much I will have to pay for it? I thinks that it is sorry to buy a brand new car and then have to update the navigation ater the first day of owning it.
Like all maps, they are "out of date" the day they start distribution.
Most companies update anually, but the data they use may be up to a year older then teh update date.
Then certain areas are only driven and updated every few years.

Welcome to the age of instant information. :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
A new DVD is due out in October (hey, that's THIS month!) and will run you $185.00. From what I was told, you will need to order this item direct from Honda, not from the dealer.

ammdaddy

·
Registered
263 Posts
ammdaddy said:
A new DVD is due out in October (hey, that's THIS month!) and will run you $185.00. From what I was told, you will need to order this item direct from Honda, not from the dealer.
Actually, you buy it from Alpine, but there's a link off the Honda OwnerLink site. I called them today and they said it would be available in November. They took my name, address, phone number, and email address and said they'd put me on the notification list.

·
Registered
158 Posts
hop23 said:
I called them today and they said it would be available in November.
Uh Oh. Here we go again. This has been delayed over and over again since last year. Hopefully it will be released in November, but I'm not optimistic about that.

Glen

·
Registered
16 Posts
So the new 2004 Pilots with Nav do not include the latest maps? We have to buy a brand new car and then pay to bring it up to date?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
johnh123 said:
So the new 2004 Pilots with Nav do not include the latest maps? We have to buy a brand new car and then pay to bring it up to date?
Maps are NEVER "up to date".

They are what they are at the point when he database is purchased.

The map data purchased takes 3 months to a year to be integrated into the particular GPS systems format.

The data at any particular location is as old as the last time that area or region was updated (could be several years old)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts