Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: Why is it happen on the FOURTH when millions of American do the traveling? Well, this is how it goes:

was on i495 there was a warning signed post by construction crews BUMP AHEAD. traveling about 45-50MPH because of traffic when hit by the BUMP, the kids started to said HEY!!! WHAT HAPPEN? my wife look at the LCD, there is, all line and screen filled with garbage color, but sounds seem to be OK.

Any one have that problem?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cost $1395.00

Parts are still in order right now, the cost is $1395.00. The good news is it is still under warranty. The dealer have to replace the whole thing, DVD players and LCD unit.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Re: Cost $1395.00

Res-Pilot said:
Parts are still in order right now, the cost is $1395.00. The good news is it is still under warranty. The dealer have to replace the whole thing, DVD players and LCD unit.
I would be pissed if that happened to us :mad:

But there is no way that both the player and the monitor went "bad" at the same moment. The dealer just doesn't want to troubleshoot. It really could be as simple as a loose wire.

I'd attach a new monitor first to see if that would correct the problem.

The left front speaker in my wife's CRV went dead after hitting a bump also in construction zone during the holiday weekend. I am not planning on replacing the speaker (yet). I'm sure it must be a loose wire.

Don't worry about your situation since it's under warranty. But I am curious as to the durability of the DVD system in the Pilot. We're getting our Pilot this Fall and I'm still debating about the OEM DVD system.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
two week!!!

:mad: Over two week when I first report this and been to the dealer, still have not fix.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Re: two week!!!

Res-Pilot said:
:mad: Over two week when I first report this and been to the dealer, still have not fix.
Is that because the dealer is still waiting for parts or something else?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Res-Pilot said:
...my wife look at the LCD, there is, all line and screen filled with garbage color, but sounds seem to be OK...
Do CDs still play normally in the DVD player? If so, it may not be damaged, just the video connection or the LCD.

Also, hook up another source (VCR, Playstation, etc...) to the rear AV inputs and see if you get a good video signal (bypassing the DVD player to test the LCD). You can probably just run an extension cord from the house for power. Make sure you select the AUX input on the head unit.

Let us know if either of these works. Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back Order

CD & DVD Playing OK, but when playing DVD LCD screen color spread all over the screen, but audio still perfect.

Called the dealer today they stated it back order may be another week or two more week.

I don't think I suppose wait that long....:mad: :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Re: Back Order

Res-Pilot said:
CD & DVD Playing OK, but when playing DVD LCD screen color spread all over the screen, but audio still perfect....
Let us know if the LCD is still bad when running from an AUX input (I suspect it will be from your description). Thanks.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Back Order

tim.s said:
Let us know if the LCD is still bad when running from an AUX input (I suspect it will be from your description). Thanks.
Yes, I did try from an AUX, the sound is perfect, but the LCD color is bad...I think it is an LCD is bad.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still waiting for LCD replacement

I am still waiting for the Dealer to call to replace a bad DVD & LCD. I called them they still said it on back order. I don't know if I believed them. Today is exactly one month and one day since I brought my Pilot in for the LCD.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Re: Still waiting for LCD replacement

Res-Pilot said:
I am still waiting for the Dealer to call to replace a bad DVD & LCD. I called them they still said it on back order. I don't know if I believed them. Today is exactly one month and one day since I brought my Pilot in for the LCD.
Call Honda Customer Service!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since July 4, 2003 now August 29, 3003

Still no LCD replacement, one of the reason why I didn't buy the warranty because it can take several years.......:mad:

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
I agree with N-Jay...contact Honda customer service. Sounds like the dealer is just screwing around. As I have learned, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. They may think your being quiet and not making a fuss, so they figure they can keep putting you off.
Time to put a flame under their fanny.

:9: :moon:

·
Registered
12 Posts
i would say that the main thing you should be considering is the Lemon Law and press this issue with the dealership.. I guarantee you that the dealer will make this a priority and if you dont have it fixed within the week, then you need to contact a Lawyer who handles Lemon Law cases. Make sure you keep track as to the amount of days it has been since you reported it.. I say this since I had a lemon claim on my previous Honda which was a simple issue regarding the incorrect fuel being placed in the Si however the dealer gave me the wrong manual and highlighted 86 octane when it required 91 or higher.. Best of luck

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lemon Law Time?????

OK guys, Since 7/4/03 it happen, 7/7/03 brought it to the dealer three weeks later dealer replace united head DVD player, but LCD still didn't work again they said BO (Back Order), I called Honda Costumer Service 8/29/03 two weeks which is today 9/12/03 dealer called me to bring it in to replace the LCD. Guess what????? wrong LCD another back order two week to two more month maybe. I guess it time for me to play hard ball with the dealer. So Monday come I will request the dealer to write me a report of what's going on so I will present the report to someone else to do the job me. WHAT DO YOU GUY THINK?

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
Man, that still stinks. Sorry you're having so much trouble.

You'd have to check the Lemon Law specifics for your state, but I doubt it would apply yet. Usually you have to have multiple unsuccessful attempts to fix a problem (i.e., a chronic problem) for it to apply.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lemon Law cases have several things that you can go by.. Consecutive visits to the dealer, the amount of days the vehicle has been at the dealer for the situation.. What you need to do is take the Pilot into the dealer and tell them you want a rental until they fix the car.. You have to be within 12 months or 18,000 miles on your vehicle, if you are beyond that then the lemon law wont apply.. this is why you will need to request a rental from the dealer until they fix it.. then when they have the pilot at there place, start counting the days along with the previous visits you have made to the dealer.. also make sure you have all the documents from the dealer showing you were in there service dpt each time you visited. You have to be persistent, and have all the facts down, so that when time comes for you to file a lemon, you can go directly into an attorney and let them do the filing with the attorney generals office. By the way, what state do you reside and I'll try to get you a link for that states lemon law specifics..

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
78 Days

Exactly 78 days today since I first brought my Pilot down to the dealer about LCD is not working.:confused: I don't know the future of Honda Warranty Service, for me; I am already feeling the pain.
That is not all, another major issue is the loaner. Honda don't allow loaner when drop your car off for service. For more than 5 times brought to the dealer the same problem not once they issue a loaner.
Nissan always have a loaner available when I drop off my Pathfinder every time I had a service.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: 78 Days

Res-Pilot said:
That is not all, another major issue is the loaner. Honda don't allow loaner when drop your car off for service. For more than 5 times brought to the dealer the same problem not once they issue a loaner.
That's not a Honda policy, it's your dealer's policy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts