Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
During Thunderstorms twice now the car has drained the battery. And when that happens of course the car won't unlock in the morning.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Definitely more info needed.

My first guess is the serpentine belt is slipping and causing the alternator to not fully charge the battery. But this is pure speculation at this point.

·
Registered
222 Posts
During Thunderstorms twice now the car has drained the battery. And when that happens of course the car won't unlock in the morning.
That happens to lots of people. Thunderstorms produce lightning and obtain their power from car batteries. Here's proof of it "sucking" all the voltage out of a car. I always carry a can of amps with me, especially if I anticipate running into thunderstorms. One or two sprays on battery and I'm good to go.

·
Registered
206 Posts
That happens to lots of people. Thunderstorms produce lightning and obtain their power from car batteries. Here's proof of it "sucking" all the voltage out of a car. I always carry a can of amps with me, especially if I anticipate running into thunderstorms. One or two sprays on battery and I'm good to go.
View attachment 132763
A can of amps huh? Why didn't I think of that LoL

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Maybe the infotainment system was in the middle of a BIOS update.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts