Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd appreciate someone answering below question, thus saving me from having to search for where this was discussed eons ago:

Is the padded top on the center console between the front seats covered in leather? That is, in a Pilot EX with cloth seats?

I got in the car the other day and was disappointed to notice a new scratch-like mark running diagonally across the console pad. No one who's been anywhere near the car claims to know anything about how the mark got there, interestingly enough! It looks like some sharp corner of something was dragged across the console, not hard enough to leave a penetrating scratch but enough to discolor the ?leather? and almost gouge it at one spot.

Mr. Ziploc says I'm too much of a perfectionist, but to me, it stands out like a sore thumb. Replacing the lift-up console top at some point has crossed my mind, which in turn got me thinking about whether we're dealing with leather or vinyl here. It looks/feels like leather to me, but....is it??? :confused:

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
My guess that even in an EX with leather that the console lid is vinyl. Most manufacturers offer "leather seating surfaces," but the side bolsters and seat backs are vinyl, which leads me to that conclusion. Sorry to here about the mark. I feel your pain, as I accidently keyed my door panel this evening, putting a small white scratch mark in the edge where my elbow rests while I'm driving. :(

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jay said:
My guess that even in an EX with leather that the console lid is vinyl. Most manufacturers offer "leather seating surfaces," but the side bolsters and seat backs are vinyl, which leads me to that conclusion. Sorry to here about the mark. I feel your pain, as I accidently keyed my door panel this evening, putting a small white scratch mark in the edge where my elbow rests while I'm driving. :(
Thanks for the reply, jay. I'm thinking you're right about the vinyl, even though it sure looks like a good leather imitation. When I do decide to replace the sonofagun, the cost should be less than if it had been "the real thing."

Yes, we Pilot enthusiasts hate to see our babies blemished by the "slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" as time goes by, don't we?

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Ziploc said:
When I do decide to replace the sonofagun, the cost should be less than if it had been "the real thing."

Don't bet on much!! I would guess the price delta between that small amount of material would not even result in a 10% difference in the final price.

PS - sorry to hear about the scratch!!!!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know how you must feel. I just got my pilot and I am praying the kids don't do something stupid and mess up my pilot. I try keeping an eye on them but anything can happen. Especially in the third seat.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
colorider said:
Hmmm, I wonder why the "CF GRAY" is less expensive than the other colors???

:confused:
I wondered about that, too. Quantity discount, since the majority are that color?

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jay said:
This site is great! Thanks, jay, for digging out this info. :claphead: I don't think I'll mind paying the $150, especially if my lid padding picks up additional blemishes. Glad to hear the CF gray is a little cheaper, too. I still wonder if it's due to volume discount--are there really that many more Gray interiors than Saddle?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts