Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Agree with Drum.

WHY?

I mean - yeah, it might "look cooler" with duals - and I'll confess to liking the way my '12 looked with them. But even for appearance sake - this would probably the THE LAST (or next to last) thing on the list for my '16.

It's QUIET, it's comfortable, it looks sweet (though a little too much on the mini-van-appearance of styling, unlike the previous gen), it runs well.

Now - if someone were to offer, say, a TURBO KIT - along with a tune and an exhaust replacement - you "might" have me onboard.

I typically hot-rod my CARS - but not my SUV's, and especially not my IMPORT SUV's (though you might have me exhaust shopping for a Suburban). I did an exhaust on my Subaru BRZ - I wanted it a little deeper and louder (but I also did header back, and an Innovate 11lb blower kit).

Wouldn't change a thing on my '16, that would affect the volume of the motor and risk drone and more noise on the interior.

Rick
Hello. I just bought a 16 Touring AWD. I had an 04 Civic Si, which I miss, but because of family reasons I got the Pilot. I miss my sounds. Can you put up some photos of the sounds? I wanted to do something, but am afraid with all the electronics that someone will blow something up.

Thanks!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm a fan, I liked the dual exhausts of the old pilot, understand ridding them gave it a clean line but i Enjoyed the exhaust look. Kudos for the attempt at them. But my wife would kill me if I installed it and there was any kind of exhaust drone (besides WOT)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Duals or drivers side exhaust?

While under the car installing the factory hitch I was looking at the tail pipe and how it does not extend past the backplane of the car. While wondering if this was a good idea or not I noticed that there was a exhaust deflector of sorts molded into the bumper keeping the gases low and not letting much(at speed) get up under the car. It was then I noticed that the same molding into the bumper was on the drivers side also on the drivers side of the bumper. So I thought that either other markets have a drivers side exhaust or duals or duals were part of an original plan or future plan. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I worked for Flowmaster for 11 years in the manufacturing plant in Santa Rosa, CA. Imports were't Flowmaster's target market, and I personally think they sound horrible. I use to own a 2009 Pilot Touring and love the look of the dual exhaust. I sold it, and purchased a 2016 Elite. What I did to trick out my Pilot are... changed all the interior, reverse and fog lights to LED, tint the 2 front roll ups windows and the windshield, remove the front licence plate, and throw on some after market wheels. If I do ever decide to install dual exhaust it will be for performance and sound, but no visible tail pipes, I like the clean look of the rear bumper, that is also another reason I have not installed a trailer hitch receiver on the Elite.

·
Registered
325 Posts
... I like the clean look of the rear bumper, that is also another reason I have not installed a trailer hitch receiver on the Elite.
Agreed that is if one installs aftermarket hitch. However, the OEM hitch (which comes directly through the bumper as opposed to hanging below it) looks quite cool and improves the appearance of the Pilot in anchor3n1's mostly humble opinion.

See this post for how cool your rear bumper CAN look with an OEM hitch:

http://www.piloteers.org/forums/114-2016-third-generation-pilot/111641-busted-chrome-dood-not-well-received.html

·
Registered
156 Posts
I really like it! ...great look..."peeking" out, while not "obtrusively" poking out -- very well designed and installed. I'm another who's sad to see duals going away -- I've always considered dual exhaust almost Biblically based;-)! Mc

·
Registered
240 Posts
The new CRV has dual exhaust , my friend bought one just for that reason. I'm old school I love dual exhaust, when we looked at SUV's I did not want the Pilot for that reason but the wife couldn't care less:frown:.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just bought a 2019 Pilot Elite AWD... my 2012 Touring had dual exaust... and I really liked the look. The new Passport has dual exaust and I'm wondering if anyone has explored the idea of using the Passport's dual exaust on the Pilot... and I'm wondering about the chances of the Passport bumper fitting the Pilot. Yes, it's a longshot, but figured I'd ask. Here's my 2012 Pilot... this dual exhaust looks so much better than the minivan look Honda went with on the new Pilot...

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
I can totally dig the dual exhaust look and understand why you want to do it.

But I can't say I like your execution of it... the angled down tips just kill it for me. And a Flowmaster muffler on anything other than a V8 just sounds horrible, coulda warned you about that one.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I am having builder's remorse at this point. I love the way the tips look on the back but the sound is less than desirable. It sounds really good at idle and around 5k - 7k RPMs. The in between is just too loud for me (and especially the wife, she hates it). Maybe if it had a better stereo I wouldn't notice :) Bringing it back to the muffler shop this week to see what options we can explore. I don't think a resonator will really make it any quieter. May just add the stock muffler and a Y pipe back on without the stock resonator and see if I like it.

Just came across this and didnt see any updates on it. Did you end up leaving it alone or changing it? any sound clips?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Kudos to OP, but for me I like the clean look of the rear. From my previous car (Audi S5) to me rear valance to accommodate the exhaust tip is very important with at least 90mm(3 1/2") tips. I'm finally recovering from Mod-Bug disease.

Sent from Galaxy S10+ using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking forward, cars of the future won't be showcasing exhaust pipes, that's probably why Honda's doing this. Fuel efficiency and low emissions will be where value lies. In the near future, dual exhausts- or any prominent exhaust being shown- will lower car value and desirability. Make it look like an old fashioned polluter. It's just something many of us who fondly remember true muscle cars, including me, will have to get used to.

Ok do me a favor- look at the new BMW I-8- THIS is the future look of auto muscle. And not one tail pipe is visible. This car combines gas and electric, and will blow the doors off of just about anything out there with a dual exhaust.

-> "BMW will never be the future."

- 🇯🇵 🇺🇸

BMW made a fake sound for their i8 junk. It evens comes through the speakers as audio = garbage

#hondapower
#chevrolet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone tried to add a dual exhaust for the 2016? I can't find any kits online. It probably wouldnt look that great with pipes hanging out under the stock bumper anyway. I would like to have some exhaust ports added in the lower bumper trim to the right or left of the reverse lights but the wife doesn't think slicing holes into a brand new car is the best idea...yet :eek:

Yes.
I have a 2016 Pilot Touring with the paddle shifters.
AEM makes a cold air intake.
I recommend, you'll sound like a monster.
For your exhaust, you'll have to get a shop to customize it "MANDREL BENT" not machine/ crush bent. 2.5" piping, stainless steel. Tell them you want a high flow cat (mine is magnaflow) and I high flow muffler (mine is Flowmaster outlaw) then get a high flow resonator (mine is deleted)
Only thing you won't like is this is a single exhaust, but it will be a beast.
We don't need true dual exhaust unless 400hp (turbo most likely) because the pipes will be too large, and will lose too much torque without the hp.

So get single, stainless, high flow cat, and muffler. 2.5" piping, mandrel bent.

Let me know if you wanna see/hear mine, thing is a sleeping and a half.

From Canada

·
Registered
5 Posts
I spent $1200 Canadian for the setup, and it was worth it. Do it right spend the money. You'll look clean if you keep it hidden, trust. This is my first automatic four door, had 13 Hondas in the past, I'm used to seeing the pipe too, bit this is much fresher.
Less cops, they won't even know it's coming from you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dual exhaust is only a form over function change unless the engine is modified with forced induction, the stock exhaust system is not a limiting factor.
Not true.
True dual exhaust (headers-> back) gives power
Dual is mainly for looks, but you will have an increase by releasing more air.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts