Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I replaced my dash a few weeks ago with a new dual camera Apeman 2K, much better than my older TaoTronics. Video is excellent especially for a $99 system. Having another camera on the back window is a nice option. You can set to record just the front or both. They give you 26ft of cable for the rear camera. It took me about an hour to figure out how to run and hide it. So far its lasted longer than my Garmin

https://amzn.to/3eTxMmX

·
Registered
113 Posts
You got pictures of how it is installed?
I have had bad experiences with that single slot-slide style attachments. Overtime they just got loose. I prefer the velcro/double sided sticky tape anchoring better.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,185 Posts
I still haven't/don't have a 'cam in any of my vehicles.
Even when I had to drive Uber and Lyft for a several months LOL.

Oh, I think they're a great idea, no negatives I can think of really.
Thanks for sharing a great system that is working for you.

Reactions: FASTFJR

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I have had bad experiences with that single slot-slide style attachments. Overtime they just got loose. I prefer the velcro/double sided sticky tape anchoring better.
Sorry, no pics. Install was simple enough like most of them. I use the suction cup in front and tape for back window. My camera is just to the right of the review mirror. Cable across headline and down right side, across dash to power. I didn't bother running power under dash because I have a dash mat which hides it. Rear camera cable was under door sill area and to back. If I had a long enough pull wire I would have ran it all the way back under the head liner.

Maybe I'll run a hard wire someday, this is my third one and I still use either the volt power outlet or a USB

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll try to post some photos this weekend

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the mirror type that goes over the factory mirror and uses 2 cameras. So it looks factory and deters theft. The rear camera I have mounted in the top trim plate inside the vehicle on the main body, so when you open the liftgate and camera is not part of the liftgate. The wire for the rear camera I have running behind the headliner.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the mirror type that goes over the factory mirror and uses 2 cameras. So it looks factory and deters theft. The rear camera I have mounted in the top trim plate inside the vehicle on the main body, so when you open the liftgate and camera is not part of the liftgate. The wire for the rear camera I have running behind the headliner.
What brand?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Its a KD Links mirror cam. But it's 3 yrs old. Search Amazon. By now I'm sure better technologies have come out and there are better versions of that mirror. I will probably upgrade in near future. At time it cost little over 200.00. Front cam is 2.7k and rear cam is 1080p. I'm using a 128g ad card.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts