Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figures out how to be able to drive with the gate open in thier Gen 3 without the very loud warning beeping? I had to move a couple 12' boards and had the hatch mostly closed and had to listen to the beeping the entire 3 miles home. The "dismiss" button on the screen did not stop it. Very annoying

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
704 Posts
I don't think it's possible. I had the same thing with an extension ladder, annoying / embarrassing to say the least.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
172 Posts
Has anyone figures out how to be able to drive with the gate open in thier Gen 3 without the very loud warning beeping? I had to move a couple 12' boards and had the hatch mostly closed and had to listen to the beeping the entire 3 miles home. The "dismiss" button on the screen did not stop it. Very annoying

Perhaps something from a similar thread might be of some help:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm frustrated with this issue too. I frequently need whole sheets of plywood and lumber. Stupid that we aren't able to override the beeping.

Similarly there aren't any places to loop a rope through on the hatchback to tie it down. I end up with the door all the way open, beeping the entire time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts

You might look at this post. Seems like a lot of hassle though!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You might look at this post. Seems like a lot of hassle though!
Yea that does look like a pain and. Ot the fix I was looking for. I would love to find a wiring diagram so I can install a switch to bypass this sensor making the car think the gate is closed. Anyone know where I can find one?

·
Registered
172 Posts
A few posts in other similar threads mentioned that if you open the liftgate manually you can then leave it in an open position and not have it beep. Not sure if anyone has tried that to see if it works.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A few posts in other similar threads mentioned that if you open the liftgate manually you can then leave it in an open position and not have it beep. Not sure if anyone has tried that to see if it works.
That is not true. This is what I did to keep it open in the first place. It still beeps

1 - 8 of 8 Posts