Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't normally park with the emergency brake applied,unless it was on a slope.A friend of mine drove the Pilot to the store,came back to my driveway and parked with the emergency brake pressed.I did not pay attention and took off with it, about 2 miles,I realized the Pilot was vibrating violently.I stopped and noticed the "Brake"light was on.My question is did I damage anything?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Probably not

If it was easy enough to drive the brake was not on that tight.

If you use it all the time, then you don't have to worry about when it is on and when it is not on.

It is always recomended to use the parking brake.
It saves wear on the transmission, and is a much more secure way to keep from rolling.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Probably not

N_Jay said:
If it was easy enough to drive the brake was not on that tight.

If you use it all the time, then you don't have to worry about when it is on and when it is not on.

It is always recomended to use the parking brake.
It saves wear on the transmission, and is a much more secure way to keep from rolling.
Thanks N_Jay.Don't know what to do without you around here:D

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
One more thing

Have the dealer tighten it up.
It should not go to the floor to be tight.

Mine was a bit loose when first delivered.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I took mine in to have it detailed a few months ago and after they got done with it and parked it, they had set the emergency brake. I was not aware of this because the vehicle still rolled just fine! After driving a few miles I started smelling the burning brakes. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
lesson here....
How to start the pilot :
1. Put in the key and turn the key to position 1
2. Put on your seat belt
3. Wait for all lights to go off (gives time for key to be read by the sensors) and tehn see it brake light is on ....if on disengage
4. Drive away:D :D :D

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
ramirami said:
lesson here....
How to start the pilot :
1. Put in the key and turn the key to position 1
2. Put on your seat belt
3. Wait for all lights to go off (gives time for key to be read by the sensors) and tehn see it brake light is on ....if on disengage
4. Drive away:D :D :D
...and if you have a passenger, you can have him/her call out, "Check" like the co-pilots do on a plane... :2:

·
Registered
393 Posts
DIY Parking Brake Adjustment?

N_Jay said:
Have the dealer tighten it up.
It should not go to the floor to be tight.

Mine was a bit loose when first delivered.
Anyone know how to tighten up the parking brake yourself? I hate going to the dealer for stupid stuff like that.

My Pilot rocks forward (or backwards) a bit when I have it in park and the parking brake is already engaged. I'd like it to stay in place. Isn't that the whole point?:rolleyes:

It seems to drive really easy with the brake on to, not that Iv'e done that before?!?!:4:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Re: DIY Parking Brake Adjustment?

Pilot4Biking said:
Anyone know how to tighten up the parking brake yourself?
Never mind....

I figured it out. Super easy to adjust the emergency brake. There is an adjustment nut just under the petal. Just pull off the plastic cap and adjust the nut as needed. Nice and snug when I press it now it very obvious if I try to drive with it engaged.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
My Pilot wont even move with the parking brake engaged....

·
Registered
393 Posts
Art said:
My Pilot wont even move with the parking brake engaged....
Mine doesn't anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts