Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my Pilot on Tuesday. I really love it, but...

My drivers side mirror will not adjust up enough for me to see the entire road, even with the seat all the way down and back a bit. It will adjust down and side to side more than I could ever use. The passengers side seems to adjust up higher.
I am 6' 4" so am not sure if this is the way all Pilots are.
I have called the dealership and they say that I should be able to adjust it higher wil "light finger pressure". I have used a lot more force that this with no improvement.
Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Iwrench
Silver ex

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the limited vertical range on the side view mirrors as well. Not that I need it that high up, I'm only 5'10", but I was just playing around with it when I first got it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I thought I was the only one

that had the drivers side mirror problem. I am 6,1", so I figured that it was partially me. But then, I adjusted the passenger side and it goes WAY UP THERE! There must be something wrong. It's on my list when I take it in for other issues at the dealership. Have you taken to your dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: I thought I was the only one

cincypilot said:
that had the drivers side mirror problem. I am 6,1", so I figured that it was partially me. But then, I adjusted the passenger side and it goes WAY UP THERE! There must be something wrong. It's on my list when I take it in for other issues at the dealership. Have you taken to your dealer?
No, not yet. Glad to hear I am not the only one with the problem. It would be one thing if my head was touching the roof and I just didn't fit the car, but I still have about 4" of room the way my seat is adjusted. Will do the same as you, and probably bring in on my first service.

·
Registered
168 Posts
have you tried pushing on the top of the mirror itself? I am not requesting you resort to a "manual mirror" but the mirror has plastic cogs that you may be able to jump by pushing one way or another. I have done it to a few cars here.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know what you mean. I thought about that (like jumping gear teeth). I will try it. Now, if I break it, you guys will fix it for me under warranty, right?:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts