Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My drivers side door is stuck closed. All of the other doors work fine, but this one will not budge. I cannot tell if the lock mechanism is working on it or not. Is there a way to remove the door panel if the door is closed? I had an auto body guy look at it and he was unable to get the door open either.

Please help!

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,886 Posts
Here are some things you might try. I have read about this issue on other forums but have no first hand experience with this issue.
1) Have a helper pull from the outside door handle while you push from inside.
2) Removing the driver’s seat might provide sufficient space to remove the panel.

Based on my experience taking the door panel off (when the door is open) you should be able to remove the window switch panel and interior latch even with the door closed. If you can get those off you might be able to feel in there for a disconnected rod. Or if you have a borescope you might be able to see what is wrong inside the door.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My drivers side door is stuck closed. All of the other doors work fine, but this one will not budge. I cannot tell if the lock mechanism is working on it or not. Is there a way to remove the door panel if the door is closed? I had an auto body guy look at it and he was unable to get the door open either.

Please help!
Did you ever figure out how to get in there? I forgot to make sure the cable was in the right spot when I put my door panel back on the other day, and now my door won't open of course.

·
Registered
Miss our 2005 Pilot
4,886 Posts
Did you ever figure out how to get in there? I forgot to make sure the cable was in the right spot when I put my door panel back on the other day, and now my door won't open of course.
I believe your best bet is to get the driver seat out of the way by disconnecting the harnesses then unbolting the seat. Unplug battery negative and wait 10 minutes before you disconnect any harness to avoid accidental airbag deployment. Then try to pry the driver door panel off.

Reactions: dennygreen

·
Registered
3 Posts
I believe your best bet is to get the driver seat out of the way by disconnecting the harnesses then unbolting the seat. Unplug battery negative and wait 10 minutes before you disconnect any harness to avoid accidental airbag deployment. Then try to pry the driver door panel off.
I was actually able to get it open by taking out the three bolts on the door panel and then while standing outside, finding the spot right above the interior door handle and just prying the top of door panel up a bit. I got it far enough so that I could see the cables that attach to the door handle and locks as seen in this video:

In my case, as I expected, the cables were not hooked up properly. They probably got knocked loose when I was putting the panel back on after I installed new speakers. I dunno if anyone else will be so lucky, but its worth a shot. It worked with my 2010 EXL at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts