Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Pilot is my first vehicle with a power seat function and I am the only person to drive it. Having said that, I like to drive with the seat adjusted up as high as it will go. Every few days I'm finding I need to raise it back up again as it seems to lower a little each day. The more time that passes, the more it needs to be raised. I'm not a heavy person either if that has anything to do with it. Is this normal with power seats?

·
Registered
289 Posts
rbetz

This is not normal with power seats. They should stay where you put them for as long as you want. Sounds like you need to have the dealer check them out.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I Thought I Was Going Crazy

I have a power seat as well, and I find myself adjusting mine every few days. I just thought it was me adjusting the seat in the pursuit of seat "perfection" - but I wondered if maybe my seat was moving a little.

Now that someone else has mentioned it, I guess I'm not going nuts.

I'm gonna have my dealer check it out when I take it in for service next week.

Thanks rbertz!!!!

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for this thread. This has been happening to me for the last two days. (I have 2,000 miles on my PILOT). I was readjusting the seat and the mirrors each time I got in to drive.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
My seat won't stay on place, either. When I went to the dealer to have it checked, the service tech said I might be bumping the lever and moving the seat. He was right. When I put my left leg out the door, the pressure causes the side bolster to droop, pushing on the seat switch and causing it to lower. At least I know for sure I'm causing it, but it's a pain constantly readjusting the seat position.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not Me??

I tried this today to see if I was hitting the 'adjuster' on my way out of the vehicle and I don't seem to be getting anywhere near it??:confused:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I've Done It

After checking out the post on maybe the way you're getting out of the PILOT is tripping the power seat - I went and tried it, and whatta ya know - I did do it!

Maybe hitting the seat controller has to do with a person's size. I'm nearly 6-foot tall and a pretty husky dude, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Thoughts????

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thoughts

I'm 5'10" and about 200 lbs. and I don't seem to hit it going out. Actually don't even appear to get close to it. Maybe I do it when I'm not carefully trying to monitor it??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts