Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:1zhelp: I know that a TSB exists and I swear I saw somewhere on this site before. I thought we where experiencing it so I called the dealer and he said we where out of range on production number to be affected.

When we turn left there is a slight slip, similar to a feeling in opther cars when you think your seat is locked in track but it isnt and it clicks in the lock position.

The dealer did say that it invloves shimming the sides, and also that a certain amount of slip is normal for power seats so they dont bind... but.... this seams excessive.

I have been trying to pull it up again but cant seem to locate it anymore on this site. :confused:

· Registered
1,195 Posts
seat

Attachments

· Registered
1,195 Posts
Dealer did mine. Didn't even say whether I was in the VIN range or not. My dealer is pretty good. Every time I've asked to them to do something or fix something they've done it no questions asked.

Attachments

· Registered
2,484 Posts
PILOTHEAD said:

I have been trying to pull it up again but cant seem to locate it anymore on this site. :confused:
The search feature is working sporadically. I've been experiencing the same problem trying to find old posts. An upgrade to the forums' software is down the road a bit which should fix this problem.

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
seat tsb

Shimmy shimmy co co puff

Well i guess i dont feel as stupid, I am going to look and see if there are shims in my pilot! its out of range.... but it was born a month before the tsb was formally issued. So maybe the pilot plant was using them as as temprorary until they got there stuff together on the correct thickness of the shimmed part...

I love this site.... and my pilot!:4:

· Registered
283 Posts
My seat does this as well. My Pilot was built in December. It only happens when I make fairly hard left hand turns. I asked the dealer to look at it and they gave me the typical "we could no duplicate the problem."

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dont get me started on dealers :rolleyes: ..you may want to get one of the dealer people in the pilot with you and take them out for few hard turns!

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YES IT ONLY HAPPENS ON "HARD" LEFTS ON MINE TOO

Coincidince... I think not

· Registered
919 Posts
I had my seat shimmed as well...no more side to side movement-

· Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
looks like a no brainer, my only worry is my dealers brains...
will post my results of dealer visit...(i am out of range on tsb)

· Registered
2,369 Posts
I just spoke with my dealer and said that they're having the seat slip TSB performed on my car as well. When I dropped my car off this morning to have the PS fluid flush done, I mentioned the clicking sound and the slight shift I feel when I make relatively sharp turns both left and right and I figured they'll go for a testdrive in my car and tell me that they couldn't duplicate the problem.

Sure was a pleasant surprise when they called me to lemme know that they'll be performing the fix on it. They told me that they didn't even bother to go for a testdrive since the TSB was issued for it.

· Registered
433 Posts
The dealer skim the seats but the left side still shifts quite a bit during stopping.

The Dealer was giving the song and dance that there's always a shift.

Is that for real?

Or shall I try another dealer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.