1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang -

This one has been bugging me.......

I have not yet measured BUT:

While seated in the driver's seat, if I were to look at the front edge of the driver's seat between and on either side of my knees, it looks as if the seat is in a bit crooked. The distance from the front part of the seat (the part you sit on, not the seat back) to the dash is not even. The seat is angled slightly to the left a bit - so that if I sit perfectly square in the seat, I am not looking straight down the road, but to the left a bit.

Anyone else have this.

I think I'll measure tonight and post the results......

Weird. Looks like a trip to the shop......

I hope they can fix this with just a bot of adjusting, and not major work (ie, the rails are in wrong)

·
Registered
328 Posts
idloveaguinness said:
Hi gang -

This one has been bugging me.......

I have not yet measured BUT:

While seated in the driver's seat, if I were to look at the front edge of the driver's seat between and on either side of my knees, it looks as if the seat is in a bit crooked. The distance from the front part of the seat (the part you sit on, not the seat back) to the dash is not even. The seat is angled slightly to the left a bit - so that if I sit perfectly square in the seat, I am not looking straight down the road, but to the left a bit.

Anyone else have this.

I think I'll measure tonight and post the results......

Weird. Looks like a trip to the shop......

I hope they can fix this with just a bot of adjusting, and not major work (ie, the rails are in wrong)
And I thought I was the only person who noticed things like this (I really do wish I were oblivious to imperfections...)

I'm not sure whether mine is like this. Sorry, can't check at the moment as my Pilot is being held hostage at the dealer for A/C check, etc. I can check later.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Visual illusion perhaps. Mine looks and "crudely measures" either straight on or crooked ever so slightly to the right. I've never gotten the sensation of being anything but squared up in the seat.

I did have a Toyota where the steering wheel was crooked to one side, i.e. not parallel to the dash. As a result of making a right hand drive car into a left drive, they couldn't cost-effectively, I presume, engineer a straight on wheel on the left side. Since my right arm's slightly shorter than the left, it worked out fine.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I believe the 1st generation CRVs had the same steering wheel offset issue; wasn't hardly enough to notice, though.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
idloveaguinness said:

...if I were to look at the front edge of the driver's seat between and on either side of my knees, it looks as if the seat is in a bit crooked. The distance from the front part of the seat (the part you sit on, not the seat back) to the dash is not even. The seat is angled slightly to the left a bit......

Are you looking at your knees when you see this? The way the dash is made, your left knee is closer to the dash than the right, because of the shape of the dash to accommodate that panel of buttons on the left side near your knee.

·
Registered
226 Posts
yes, mine too

Yes, I noticed it too, from the beginning.
When I am driving, I feel like I am sitting to the right.
Wonder if it can be fixed by some adjustment to the seat?

Mine actually feels like left side of the seat is higher than the right side...

Anyone have this experience?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found my problem:

The stuffing in the seat is not perfect.

When viewing the "problem" from the driver's seat, the seat appears closer to the dash under my right knee. If I get out of the car, and hold a yardstick parallel to the floor of the Pilot against the seat front and slowly slide it up from the closest point to the floor to the seat back, the problem is evident.

There is more stuffing in the seat at the point where the back of my right knee contacts the seat than there is at the same point for my left knee - making it appear that this side is closer to the dash.

The fact that I am not facing perfectly straight forward must have been a fluke......it hasnt happened since that time.

I can live with the seat issue......not a big deal - it's just very slightly off and is only noticible to weird perfection / minutia oriented people like myself.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
idloveaguinness said:
I found my problem:

The stuffing in the seat is not perfect.

When viewing the "problem" from the driver's seat, the seat appears closer to the dash under my right knee. If I get out of the car, and hold a yardstick parallel to the floor of the Pilot against the seat front and slowly slide it up from the closest point to the floor to the seat back, the problem is evident.

There is more stuffing in the seat at the point where the back of my right knee contacts the seat than there is at the same point for my left knee - making it appear that this side is closer to the dash.

The fact that I am not facing perfectly straight forward must have been a fluke......it hasnt happened since that time.

I can live with the seat issue......not a big deal - it's just very slightly off and is only noticible to weird perfection / minutia oriented people like myself.
I'm glad you figured it out. This weird perfection / minutia oriented person, me, was wondering about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts