Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I get above 65mph the top of the driver's door begins suck in and out depending on wind gusts. Makes an awful noise. The door seals are good. It's as if the window frame itself is not firmly attached. Is this a weld thing or are their bolts I can tighten?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot, 194,000 miles
343 Posts
When I get above 65mph the top of the driver's door begins suck in and out depending on wind gusts. Makes an awful noise. The door seals are good. It's as if the window frame itself is not firmly attached. Is this a weld thing or are their bolts I can tighten?
[/QUOTE

Honestly it just sounds like the door striker in the jamb needs pushed in a bit. I’m sure any body shop will adjust it for you in about 5 min. When you’re driving at 65 mph it creates low air pressure around your car, which sucks the doors out. If your striker doesn’t let your door suck in enough it can break the weather strip/door seals. So to me it sounds like your striker just needs pushed in just a tad to eliminate that. You might have to adjust it several times because you won’t be able to tell if it’s fixed until you’re going 65 again, so bear that in mind if it doesn’t get fixed the first time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts