Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2012 2x4 Touring, 170,000 miles

Driver's side door is not locking when try to lock via the key fob or when the car starts to move and the door auto-lock. Assume this is the door lock actuator that is the problem. Can someone verify?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Try the switch on the armrest.

·
Registered
2007 Pilot LX 2WD
70 Posts
How old is the Pilot? Most likely it’s the actuator. If you’re doing it yourself, make sure the actuator is for the front driver side door. Made the mistake of going generic at one point and the locks started acting funny by locking me out as soon as I close the door while the key’s in the ignition. Had to go OE and fixed everything.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Since the local armrest switch is also offering intermittent function, as others share it's most like an actuator issue. Pretty much all of the door-lock "smarts" live in a controller that's integrated with the controller in that armrest with all the buttons on it. The radio interface is separate, but since you are missing the actual lock action regardless of "cause", the actuator is the Most Likely Suspect.

Do pay close attention to the connections at the actuator, to make sure the issue isn't a poor connection there. The actuator includes both the lock and unlock functions, so if it unlocks but doesn't lock the diagnosis might get a little more granular. The "fix" of new actuator is the same regardless though unless there's a broken wire between that controller and the actuator.

Use care when buying, knowing how much fun it is to R&R the part. Considering the expected life, a genuine Honda piece is probably a great investment. I shop at one of the online Honda parts places, and then Gargle the Honda part number to see all options.

Reactions: EA_SF

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How old is the Pilot? Most likely it’s the actuator. If you’re doing it yourself, make sure the actuator is for the front driver side door. Made the mistake of going generic at one point and the locks started acting funny by locking me out as soon as I close the door while the key’s in the ignition. Had to go OE and fixed everything.
Thanks for the tip. The pilot is a 2012.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts