Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there play in the driver seat if you move it by hand? The reason I ask, I just had an amp installed under the driver seat and although I'm not sure how it was before it seems to move excessively.

Joe

·
Registered
138 Posts
jfrano - There should never be "play" in any seat that is looked in position. You need to go back to whoever installed your amp and have them tighten up or fix your seat.

On another note: Are you using your amp w/ the OEM radio and speakers or have you gone totally aftermarket?

·
Registered
283 Posts
there is alittle play in it. Much more in the backrest than the bottom of the seat

·
Registered
191 Posts
Do a search on this forum regarding this and you should find some add'l info...

There was a TSB issued regarding this problem. I happened to have gotten mine fixed prior to this coming out, but your dealer should be aware of this. Take it back to them and have them check it out.

Scott

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes its in the backrest more on the power driver seat than the passenger seat. I would say a good 2 inch. The base of the seat is solid. It does concern me, being 275 lbs any severe momentum going back wards could be a potential problem.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
kompers said:
Do a search on this forum regarding this and you should find some add'l info...

There was a TSB issued regarding this problem. I happened to have gotten mine fixed prior to this coming out, but your dealer should be aware of this. Take it back to them and have them check it out.

Scott
Here is the related TSB (first page):

Attachments

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rainbowslim said:
On another note: Are you using your amp w/ the OEM radio and speakers or have you gone totally aftermarket?
I also changed the front component set with the Infinity 60.5cs components. Very very big improvement.

Rear speakers/head unit are manufacturer. Although I have the fader set to F6 or F7, so the rear is minimal as it should be.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts