Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2005 Pilot EX-L w/192k miles. Airbag light has been on for a long time. Pulled the code and says 41-11 "No Signal From Driver Front Impact Sensor."

I can buy the OEM replacement sensor myself from eBay. There are threads that kinda vaguely walk through the process (disconnect battery, remove bumper, resonator, remove/replace). Searched YouTube to no avail (other than bumper removal). I'm looking for a bit more guidance before attempting this fix.

1.) Do I need to disconnect any connections to the airbag system before attempting to replace?
2.) Once I remove the bumper covers, can I access the sensor without full bumper removal?
3.) What sort of tools will I need?
4.) I can't seem to find a schematic of exactly where under there I'm suppose to be aiming for. Will access be through above or below the car?

Sorry for these newbie questions. Probably should dismount with anyone sense of cost at Honda dealership for this replacement. What if I buy the sensor and take to a shop, will it be more cost-effective that way, or will Honda techs have an easier job of it because of experience/repetition?

Thanks in advance for the help! I should add that I think this all stems from when the airbag recall work was done, the light came on right when they did that work and they claim to "not know" why it was firing.

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
No.
Disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes before disconnecting any yellow SRS conections.
The sensor is usually located near the rail. I believe it takes a 10mm socket to remove the sensor. I've never attempted to remove a sensor without the bumper being off. If attempting to remove without the bumper being off, I would think it would need to be accessed from underneath or possibly through the wheel well. See if you can find the yellow conduit leading to the sensor.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
Welcome to the forum. First and foremost I would only purchase an OEM part for a safety system from a trusted source. You don’t want to be taking chances with the eBay special for this one.

Second there are lots of things that can go wrong when you mess with the SRS system. Good that you asked here first before messing around with things. Battery negative MUST be disconnected and then wait at leastvfive minutes before touching any SRS wiring. SRS wiring is identified by yellow tape or yellow wire loom surrounding the wire. If you look near your headlights you should see the yellow wire harness. I’m not sure how much needs to be removed to access the sensor.

Reactions: aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,198 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts