Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2010 EX-L with a door that wont unlock.

Here's the story, last night I removed all the panels to replace the factory speakers. I finished all the work, put the panels back on and tested everything, it all worked.
I parked the car back in my parking spot, exited the vehicle and locked it. The next day I hit unlock on the fob and the driver door wont unlock. All the other doors work. I can hear the actuator moving when I use the fob and the door switch, but the door wont unlock, I have to enter the car through the passenger side in order to drive.

Has anyone had this happen to them and or does anyone know how I could open the door to replace the actuator?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
Hello all,

I have a 2010 EX-L with a door that wont unlock.

Here's the story, last night I removed all the panels to replace the factory speakers. I finished all the work, put the panels back on and tested everything, it all worked.
I parked the car back in my parking spot, exited the vehicle and locked it. The next day I hit unlock on the fob and the driver door wont unlock. All the other doors work. I can hear the actuator moving when I use the fob and the door switch, but the door wont unlock, I have to enter the car through the passenger side in order to drive.

Has anyone had this happen to them and or does anyone know how I could open the door to replace the actuator?

Thanks in advance.
Never had it happen, but yes, I would attempt to remove the door panel. I'd try to get some spray lubrication on the locking mechanism to try and get it to release. Lubrication may be all it needs. There are after market actuators on Rockauto.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
500 Posts
Before replacing the actuator, I would remove the door panel and make sure the little arm that's connected to the little indicator/lever thing isn't getting jammed in the slot. Are you able to operate that part manually, or does it feel like there's some mechanical resistance?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
Also make sure you plugged everything back in. Possibly remove and reinsert all electrical connectors. On the first gens there was a connection to the driver door courtesy light which when not connected caused some strange door related behavior.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I love all those ideas and would also love to try them.., but I cant open the door. If I cant open the door, I can't remove the panel to try and fix it.
Also, I just got back from the dealer and the tech said more than likely the door panel will have to be removed from the inside..., thus breaking it and then trying to get the door open.

This is not looking good.....

·
Registered
9,383 Posts
The handle on this model removes and installs from the inside only.
Have you attempted to remove handle then the door panel? After screws are removed, is it not push clips that pop off? If the panel breaks, you can probably pick up one at www.car-part.com

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
If it’s like the 2005 you pull the main switch panel and inner door handle off prior to removing the panels. If you can get the switch and handle off perhaps you can feel around in there for something which is disconnected, or possibly pull on the correct lever to open the door.

·
Registered
9,383 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Let the top of the panel heat up in the sun. Put the window down. I used a 3" wide pry bar and gently lifted door panel off metal lip. Work your way across the whole panel. Pretty easy. Pry bar is inserted in slot where window slides down into. I was then able to access cables and realized the plastic retainer had come out of metal slot. Most likely because I had door panel off hanging on the cables.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts