Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we own a 2021 Honda Pilot EX and it is a Beauty! Except....the side mirrors are shaky and we hate it. We took it to Honda dealer they Uninstaller them and tightened them back up but didn't fix the problem. Its only the glass part not the whole console case. Honda said they be calling corporate until they obtain a solution before ordering new ones. Its been 2 months and still haven't heard from them. Anyone else has this problem?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,487 Posts
Several people on the Passport forum report the same issue and have reported the fix that has been done. The fix is simple, your dealer just doesn't want to have to do the fix. What is this magical fix you may ask? New mirror(s).

·
Registered
2004 Pilot LX & 2021 Pilot Special Edition
23 Posts
So we own a 2021 Honda Pilot EX and it is a Beauty! Except....the side mirrors are shaky and we hate it. We took it to Honda dealer they Uninstaller them and tightened them back up but didn't fix the problem. Its only the glass part not the whole console case. Honda said they be calling corporate until they obtain a solution before ordering new ones. Its been 2 months and still haven't heard from them. Anyone else has this problem?
I have exact same issue. I have 2021 Pilot Special Edition and the driver side mirror shakes, but the passenger does not. I bought mine 3 weeks ago (Williamsburg, VA) and am currently on our first long distance trip with the car (3+ hour drive). Gonna take it back to dealer when I get back home. Based on others' experience it seems to depend on the dealership on how easy or difficult it is for them to acknowledge and replace the mirror (which apparently is THE fix).

Good luck - let us know how your dealership handles the issue.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
The mirror shouldn't shake at all, but there shouldn't be any vibrations either. I'd have the engine mounts inspected.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,487 Posts
This is a known problem for some of the 2021 Pilots, Passports and Ridgelines. Probably the Odyeseys as well. Honda should replace the mirror. That has been the norm for this issue from the reports I have seen on the other forums.

·
Registered
10,244 Posts
It sure seems like there's a whole lotta of shakin going on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yup, my ‘21 SE Pilot driver side mirror shakes too. The passenger side is solid. All the functionality of the driver’s side is fine, it’s just shaky. Lightly touching the drivers mirror has more play than the passenger side.
Off to the dealer!

·
Registered
1 Posts
2021 Touring with the same issue, only on the drivers side. Dealer tried to repair but caused some distortion in the mirror so we are looking at getting a whole new assembly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Update -- went to the dealership service department today. This was a big waste of time. Immediately the service advisor knew about this problem "nationwide with new Honda Pilots" and he also knew that I would have to have the mirror glass replaced. So, I was there for 10 minutes to take my information and he'll call me when the mirror parts arrive -- which he had no estimate on because it's a nationwide problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same problem with my driver side mirror on Honda Pilot 2021 SE. Dealer said they know this and there no fix even after replacing the mirror, this problem will persist. Only if it vibrated during test drive!! Honda, listen to us and fix this!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts