Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue accessing my Driver 1/2 Customized settings (on our recently purchased 2014 Honda Pilot Touring 4WD) - getting an error that says "Customizing not available until linked to remote." This was puzzling to me, since both of our key Fobs work fine to lock and unlock the vehicle - but then I noticed that neither Fob had the "Driver 1" / "Driver 2" inscriptions on the back, which leads me to think that they were likely replaced with aftermarket Fobs at some point before we purchased. I've tried "forgetting" and "re-linking" the Fobs to the car using the ignition on/off + unlock button a few times but makes no difference with the Customize Settings issue.

Anyone else experience this -- and is it likely that I need to replace my Fobs with OEM Driver 1 / Driver 2 ones to be able to access the Customize Driver 1/2 settings?

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I recently purchased a 2014 touring that only had one key. The dealership explained that I have key #2 so I could buy either key #1, key #2 or just a key that doesn't customize to either. I will say I was surprised at how inexpensive the keys were for my vehicle. Hope that helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts