Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have approx 20K on the Pilot and suddenly my Drive light is blinking. It appears to be shifing fine. When I put it in Park the drive light then stays on (not blinking). It is sat pm so I can't get anyone at the dealer. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Either that or too much stop and go driving. :2:

Sorry... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I believe that is a transmission malfunction indicator. Probably not a loose connection if it is flashing on a regular basis.

Time for a service call ASAP.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
csimo said:
I believe that is a transmission malfunction indicator. Probably not a loose connection if it is flashing on a regular basis.

Time for a service call ASAP.
:4:
I'd park it til Monday, myself.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took the Pilot in to the dealer and they attempted to download codes from its computer. No errors were found thus they thought it should not be a real trans problem but perhaps some electronic malfunction. I have been driving it on short trips (< 1hr) every day but it did not reproduce, until this weekend. I drove it for approx 1.5 hr without problem, let sit for 1 hr, then after driving it another hr it started blinking again. Since I was about to park anyway, I turned it off and restarted, reproducing the blinking light. (no shifting problems evident). It sat for 8 hours then I drove it for 1.5 hr and it did not reproduce.

The dealer is "offering" to look at it again to see if there are any codes and take a test drive with me. I wonder if they have some sort of regional/national network which is routinely used for new problems?

·
Registered
199 Posts
"When the Powertrain Control Module senses an abnormality in the input or output system, the D indicator in the gauge assembly will usually blink" This is from the Pilot repair manual. It goes on to say that the problem may be other than the transmission. The D indicator is apparently used for many (all?) problems detected by the PCM. Anyway, the fault code needs to show up in the computer before the dealer will do anything. I assume your dealer knows how to use the Honda PGM tester and how to reset the codes to get a clean test. I hope the problem shows up long enough to be recorded. Otherwise Honda is not likely to do anything. There is a paragraph on resetting the codes on page 14-4. If the dealer can't find the problem, it may help to do that yourself. I can't scan it tonight, but I'll check back.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just got back from the dealer and the error code was in the computer this time. They said it is a failure of a sensor (i.e. no mechanical problem) and they will order a new one. Hopefully they are correct since I am going on a 7 hr trip today.

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
WVPilot1 said:
I have now driven the Pilot approx 2000 miles with the new sensor and all is well :)

good...happy driving...:roadtrip: :claphead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts