Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. New to the forum. I'm looking to change drive belt / auto tensioner on my 2011 Pilot EX-L. Any recommendations on what brand or kit to get? Actually looking more on which ones to avoid. I figure if belts worked well, there's really no reason to complain. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello....
I went with a Bando 6PK2135 OEM Serpentine Belt on amazon and a BECKARNLEY 024-1479 Timing Belt Idler Pulley. That was 2 1/2 years ago on my 2011 pilot with 70,000 miles ( my alternator kicked the bucket)
. By the way Depressing the Tensioner takes a rather large amount of force, Do not be shy. Eat your Wheaties prior to attempting.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Hello....
I went with a Bando 6PK2135 OEM Serpentine Belt on amazon and a BECKARNLEY 024-1479 Timing Belt Idler Pulley. That was 2 1/2 years ago on my 2011 pilot with 70,000 miles ( my alternator kicked the bucket)
. By the way Depressing the Tensioner takes a rather large amount of force, Do not be shy. Eat your Wheaties prior to attempting.
Yep .. although ... this might make it easier. Amazon.com: Camoo AHHON1419 for Honda Serpentine Belt Wrench Serpentine Belt Tensioner Tool for Honda Acura 2004-2007 CR-V Civics, Etc.: Automotive

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello....
Sounds like reputable parts. Will definitely look into these. The Honda tensioner assembly runs close to $200. Yikes! Didn’t think about the idler pulley. You think it should be changed at 100k miles? That’s what I have on my Pilot right now.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
If you you don't want to pay for OEM, rumor has it that INA is an OEM supplier. I'd buy a Bando belt with this.

·
Registered
11,501 Posts
Wow, that’s a significant difference price-wise. Great info. Thanks! It seems Bando’s the way to go for belt everywhere I read. I’m sold.
RockAuto 5% discount code.
31517DFA058403
Enter this code in the box... "How did you hear about us."
Recalculate shipping to ensure the discount is applied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts