Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can just the bolt be purchased for the drive belt tensioner? Looking online and it seems tough to find. Going to call NAPA and Honda tomorrow, but figured I would check here first.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
yes it can be BUT there are two bolts not sure what one you needed here is the parts list of the area

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I need the longer bolt, that bolts the tensioner to the block. It snapped off while driving home tonight. Luckily I was 1 block from home. Even found the belt on the road. None of the parts stores lost the bolt on their websites. Hopefully Honda is one (probably buy 2) in stock tomorrow.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Last question, should the pulley, the bolt goes through, come off? Wondering if the whole tensioner is garbage

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Bernardi Honda has all of them.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Last question, should the pulley, the bolt goes through, come off? Wondering if the whole tensioner is garbage
It should that's what holds the unit on the engine is the bolt .. for it to snap some in the past have experienced it from not setting the proper torque specs. Did anyone do any work on your pilot prior to this issue?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
There is the 2nd smaller bolt under the pulley.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts