Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 Pilot EX-L

Recent spring torrents down here in Louisiana have uncovered that my driver side door is holding water. Need to locate the source of the leak, but first things first got to get the water out!
Anyone have a diagram or locations of the drains in the door that i can ensure are clean? I would expect that there would be a way to get moisture out in the event it gets in...

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
A drain would obviously need to be on the underside. The greater concern is how so much water is getting in the door. It can cause a mold issue. Is the door closing properly? An adjustment may need to be made. Is the gasket in the window sill sealing properly? Is there any door trim or rubber missing? Is the weatherstrip around the door sealing properly?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i looked yesterday and did not see any obvious plugs or drain holes on the underside so figured I would ask. Need to take the door panel off to check for leaks so may just need to do that to locate a drain...
  • Door Closes Properly
  • Door Trim all intact
  • Weatherstrip around door seals great and no water can ingress the interior of the car
  • Weatherstrip around window looks good with no rot or gaps
Thing out of place seems to be some rodent damage to the cowl top assembly on the drivers side (74200-SZA-A00 - Genuine Honda Cowl Top Assy., FR.)
Everything i can see though is that this is in front of the door and there is no access to the inside of the door.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
The only other thing I can think of would be to check the gasket around the base of the mirror.

Reactions: fireitup

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
At the very bottom of the door inside there's a rubber splash-seal trim that wraps slightly around the bottom towards the outside. Run your fingers along the surface of the door there between the rubber and the inside of the door shell, and feel for oval drain openings in the steel about 1/2" or so long. These might get blocked by crud that gathers there between the rubber and the steel door. Easy to unblock with a plastic probe. Flush to make sure they are clean. The rubber trim comes off but will likely be damaged in the process.

Reactions: fireitup

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
At the very bottom of the door inside there's a rubber splash-seal trim that wraps slightly around the bottom towards the outside. Run your fingers along the surface of the door there between the rubber and the inside of the door shell, and feel for oval drain openings in the steel about 1/2" or so long. These might get blocked by crud that gathers there between the rubber and the steel door. Easy to unblock with a plastic probe. Flush to make sure they are clean. The rubber trim comes off but will likely be damaged in the process.
This. The doors are allowed to let water pass inside of them since the seals around the windows are not totally watertight. It should be quick and easy to remedy this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was absolutely the issue.

There was so much gunk under the door seals that I couldn't even see the drain ports. Cleaned it all out and hit it with a garden hose jet and a plastic screwdriver. About a gallon of water poured out quickly thereafter!

Thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts