Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking into installing one of two floating screen receivers. The Kenwood DMX1037S or Stinger - 10” Digital Media Receiver UN1810. They are both Double Din stereos now my question is how much modification do I need don't to be able to make a Double Din stereo to fit. So because the odd trimming itself is a pain now will the trimming and other pieces needed to make this possible available out there?

·
Registered
750 Posts
There is a thread on similar topic here from just a couple days ago. Installing a regular doubleDIN requires minor cutting of the side trims.
For a floating screen, it really depends on unit design. If the chassis body is somewhat recessed in front, you might not need to modify side trim at all. It chassis actually sticks out a bit, then you would need to cut the trim to accomodate.

·
Registered
2011 Honda Pilot EX-L
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a thread on similar topic here from just a couple days ago. Installing a regular doubleDIN requires minor cutting of the side trims.
For a floating screen, it really depends on unit design. If the chassis body is somewhat recessed in front, you might not need to modify side trim at all. It chassis actually sticks out a bit, then you would need to cut the trim to accomodate.
I have actually been looking for that thread. I was definitely considering the number of modifications that I would need to make to the trimming and the insert.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's not that difficult to modify but if youre looking for a floating screen they do have single Din units ( Alpine ) where you wont have to modify the center garnish. I went with a double din JVC unit and I wasnt to careful with trimming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts