Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2005 Pilot. The doors don't stay open but fall shut when you're trying to get in or out, especially on hills! Is that normal? Can it be repaired?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,934 Posts
Yes, this can be repaired. The part you need is called a door checker. I have replaced all four on my Pilot. I used aftermarket and regret it. I’d spend the extra $10 per checker and go with OEM if I have to replace them again.

If you possess basic mechanical skills you can do this yourself. I recommend starting on one of the rear doors first as there are fewer parts to remove. The first door will take you probably two hours to fix. The other doors will go much quicker.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, this can be repaired. The part you need is called a door checker. I have replaced all four on my Pilot. I used aftermarket and regret it. I’d spend the extra $10 per checker and go with OEM if I have to replace them again.

If you possess basic mechanical skills you can do this yourself. I recommend starting on one of the rear doors first as there are fewer parts to remove. The first door will take you probably two hours to fix. The other doors will go much quicker.
Thanks so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts