Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2016 Pilot AWD Elite, doors opening has been intermittent as of late, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't right away until I move around the car or push the unlock on the FOB. I figured maybe the battery in the FOB was and issue and grabbed my spare, car would not unlock. What are the chances of both batteries being out, possible but unlikely. Resorted to pulling the actual key out of the FOB and mechanically using it to get into the car, no click, nothing. I wonder if the actuator is broken or this is a radio/antennae issue, either way I need to get inside the vehicle even if it has to be towed to the dealership for a repair. Any thoughts???

·
Registered
813 Posts
Wait so doe the car not notice it when you touch the handle, or do the lights beep and the doors stay locked? A couple days ago it wasn't working properly for me, but I realized it was because I was holding my phone in the same hand. The phone messes with the key fob reception if the phone is too close.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait so doe the car not notice it when you touch the handle, or do the lights beep and the doors stay locked? A couple days ago it wasn't working properly for me, but I realized it was because I was holding my phone in the same hand. The phone messes with the key fob reception if the phone is too close.
Unfortunately nothing happens when I approach the car, this seems to be intermittent but last night I couldn't open the door at all. No lights or beep registered so I tried the actual key in the FOB, inserted it into the lock but no go, it was like mush no clicking or unlocking...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
You can manually open the back hatch if you touch the switch and lift the hatch up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can manually open the back hatch if you touch the switch and lift the hatch up.
Thanks for all the replies and advice. So I replaced the battery in both FOB, one was dead the other "weak". I can now access the interior of the vehicle remotely, however the key inside the FOB won't unlock the driver door, nothing happens when it's inserted and I swing it back and forth, which makes me wonder if the actuator is not compromised...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts