Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife (who is the primary Pilot pilot in our family) has noticed that when parking on hills with the Pilot facing uphill, that the doors will not stay open and overcome the door catches. She has been hit by a closing door several times and on one occasion a child was hit by a closing door while getting out of the 3rd row. They do seem quite easy to overcome and all it seems to take is the heavy door and gravity. Can the door catches be adjusted? Has anyone else had this problem? Also, the vibration when the rear windows are open (without the front) is intense. Do those aerodynamic inserts in the window frames solve this problem? Thanks.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Should had got Odyssey, huh? sliding door keep open when face uphill. Or you can park face downhill next time.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I really don't know if you can do much to have the doors stay open on uphills with the Pilot. In fact, if you're on enough of an incline, don't know if any doors on a vehicle would stay open. But you can always check with your dealer to see if there's anyway to increase the resistance on the door hinges.

And about that vibration you're referring to when you have the rear windows open, does it make sort of like a helicopter sound? Is that what you're talking about? If so, pretty much all SUV's have that. I know the MDX has it, my mother's ML430 has it, my brother's QX4 has it, so I don't think it's exclusive to the Pilot.

·
Registered
991 Posts
timchen said:
Should had got Odyssey, huh? sliding door keep open when face uphill. Or you can park face downhill next time.
None of my cars doors have stayed open when parked up a hill so I am sure there is not much you can do.

The Odyssey's doors are sliding and a nice feature. But the Pilot still ROCKS!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
timchen said:
This was real helpfull, thanks...

I believe the Pilots door catches are overcome easier than other cars I have owned. Maybe it is because of the weight of the SUV doors.

Yes, it is a helicopter like sound with the rear windows open. It's really annoying. I wonder if those aerodynamic window frame inserts will help? Anybody have those?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
jfeuer, just curious, but do you live in a hilly area. My opinion is that the Pilot's better at holding the door open at the catches than some other vehicles I've owned, but most of the parking areas I'm in are relatively flat. I do notice on windy days that you need a strong grip to keep from springing the hinges or denting a car next to you when you open a door.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jay said:
jfeuer, just curious, but do you live in a hilly area. My opinion is that the Pilot's better at holding the door open at the catches than some other vehicles I've owned, but most of the parking areas I'm in are relatively flat. I do notice on windy days that you need a strong grip to keep from springing the hinges or denting a car next to you when you open a door.
Yes, I do live in a hilly area.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts