Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put in aftermarket door speakers which worked fine for weeks and then upgraded the subwoofer and added an amp. Now all of a sudden the door speakers are cutting out but the sub plays the entire time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Best Buy did the amp and sub install so not sure if I should take it back to them or not.

·
Registered
744 Posts
If the speakers started cutting out after the sub install by Best Buy, definitely take it to them and have them fix it. Also, describe this 'cutting out' in more detail. How often it happens? What is approximate ratio of speakers playing normally and 'cutting out'. Do speakers sound fine when they ARE playing, or there is distortion? What is the amp model, do you know HOW it was wired? Was Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) disabled?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the speakers started cutting out after the sub install by Best Buy, definitely take it to them and have them fix it. Also, describe this 'cutting out' in more detail. How often it happens? What is approximate ratio of speakers playing normally and 'cutting out'. Do speakers sound fine when they ARE playing, or there is distortion? What is the amp model, do you know HOW it was wired? Was Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) disabled?
Turned out to be a loose wire in the rear passenger door. I figured it out when my daughter slammed the door and everything came back on :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts