Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2003 Silver EX, and i noticed today that i dont think they painted the sills the same silver..looks like a grey with no sparkle,

anyone else notice that?

if so i am a bit upset that Honda would cut corner like that?

:confused:

·
Registered
608 Posts
yep. all silvers and aparrantly havasu blues too are like that. only the exterior face of the body panels are painted "sparkly" silver. the frame / door sills / under the hood etc are all "primer like".

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Not just silver and blue, it's just more noticeable in those colours. The MDX also has the same "problem" in almost all of the colours. The Odyssey also has the same "problem".

·
Registered
657 Posts
I had a 2002 Odyssey and it was the same in all the door jams and under the hood. I also had a problem with the Odyssey on the rear 1/4 panels. It looked like the paint robot missed a pass or two with the paint on both left and right rear 1/4 panels. I complained to Honda with my van at the time only being a week old. They refused to take back the van but offered to repaint the van at their expense. Being that factory paint is stronger and it wasn't that noticable, I asked for fog lights installed and they did that for compensation. They also left the file open that if later on down the road I decided I wanted it fixed, they would then do it at no expense. You American's are extremely Lucky for color selection. I guess Honda figures that just because us Canadian's can't choose a half decent government here, that we don't need much of a choice for Color's. We have Black, beige, silver, red-rock and that awful baby blue color. We don't get the choice of saddle or grey in the Black Pilot....just grey. We have always gotten the heated mirrors and seats with the Leather interiors. My Black Pilot's door jams and under the hood is not the same finish as the exterior of the vehicle.:mad: :3: :3: :3: :8: :8:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very normal....I was told that this makes them environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
The issue seesm to be that the metalic and/or pearl coat is applied with the doors mostly shut.
I am fairly confident that this is done to assure that the coat matches with the next panel.
The base core and the clear coat are apled with the doors open to allow coverage on all surfaces since the angle that these coats are applied will not affect the look.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
N_Jay said:
The issue seesm to be that the metalic and/or pearl coat is applied with the doors mostly shut.
I am fairly confident that this is done to assure that the coat matches with the next panel.
The base core and the clear coat are apled with the doors open to allow coverage on all surfaces since the angle that these coats are applied will not affect the look.
this makes sense, thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts