Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty ticked off! I have about 3,000 miles on my 2018 EXL and the Driver side rear door sill has a dent on it!

I have three kids and I usually let them all come out of the passenger side but sometimes I let my 6 year old out on the driver side.

I took my fingers on all the sills and I can flex the metal just with pushing down. Not very happy at how thin the metal is there. I already have the 3m protector for it just havent installed yet but I think I may get the Honda sill protectors just has some extra protection!

Anyone else experience dents around that area yet?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I'm pretty ticked off! I have about 3,000 miles on my 2018 EXL and the Driver side rear door sill has a dent on it!

I have three kids and I usually let them all come out of the passenger side but sometimes I let my 6 year old out on the driver side.

I took my fingers on all the sills and I can flex the metal just with pushing down. Not very happy at how thin the metal is there. I already have the 3m protector for it just havent installed yet but I think I may get the Honda sill protectors just has some extra protection!

No dents here but my kids are tiny and I installed the lighted sills ages ago. That's a bummer to know. I'd have to rip them off to test and that won't happen. Can you post a pic of the area and dent?

·
Registered
6 Posts

I have the exact same problem.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don't know how it happened but there is a significant dent on sill of driver's door on our 17. Almost as if someone fell out of the sky wearing high heels and landed on the door sill with the pointy heel.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the late response. In the middle of getting ready to move my mother out of her house and there Is so much to do! add that with 3 kids and i havent even had time to wash my poor dirty pilot!

Used some speed shine to get the area clean and took some pics. Don't think its the seatbelt... but the sill areas seem to be very thin metal and I'm not very happy about that. Not sure how its gonna hold up in the long run.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I would have to second that. A quick forcefull unbuckle could be the culprit. Another possibility is closing the door on the buckle itself.
Also agree ..it really looks like a buckle dent ..

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know how it happened but there is a significant dent on sill of driver's door on our 17. Almost as if someone fell out of the sky wearing high heels and landed on the door sill with the pointy heel.
can you provide any pics of your dent?

Also agree ..it really looks like a buckle dent ..
I would normally agree but I'm the only one who has driven this car so far and I'm very careful about this stuff and my son has a highback booster seat so the seatbelt is run through the top of it and I don't remember it ever being down there or closing the door on it in the last 3,000 miles! I tried puling on it just now to see if it would stay in the area the dent is while shutting the door and it wouldn't.

Ive only used that door maybe 10 times If that! I usually let me kids out on the passenger side since its easier to do all three from one door. Thats why I need to polish that sill and put the 3m protector! Its getting all scratched up :(

I will be getting the Honda sill protectors and hope it covers it.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have you taken it in for service. Its possible it got damaged and you just found out after the fact.
Thats possible but not sure why they would be opening the passenger rear door though. Ive only brought it in to get the Side Body moldings installed..... Then removed smh

My son dropped his booster seat on ours and dented it.
Wow. This booster seat has only fell once and that was yesterday but I caught it before it got that low. Im really surprised at how easy they dent though!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So last night since my wife was with me I let my son out of the driver side.

I said make sure you don't step on the red part (painted part) so of course he does with his rain boots. One light step and it put 2 smaller dents next to the larger one!

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
So last night since my wife was with me I let my son out of the driver side.

I said make sure you don't step on the red part (painted part) so of course he does with his rain boots. One light step and it put 2 smaller dents next to the larger one!
Just from rain boots? ..something not right here .. should not be that easy to dent.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just from rain boots? ..something not right here .. should not be that easy to dent.
Oh believe me i know. I watched it happen! I wouldn't have believed it if it didnt see it in front of me. This is some really thin metal and I'm not happy at all about that.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
When I installed my door sills I remember working that area a bit to clean it with alcohol. I did not feel any flexing whatsoever. They were all solid and I applied a good amount of pressure to ensure perfect surface adhesion. This is definitely odd. I have a 16 Touring Build in 10/2015.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I installed my door sills I remember working that area a bit to clean it with alcohol. I did not feel any flexing whatsoever. They were all solid and I applied a good amount of pressure to ensure perfect surface adhesion. This is definitely odd. I have a 16 Touring Build in 10/2015.
Yea Idk I can take my fingers and it moves a bit. gonna try it with my hand see what happens. I'll try take some video and see if i can get it on here.

Thats from a year ago but maybe there is some issue like that going on. The new dents aunt as bad as the others but watching it happen was not fun. I got get those protectors!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts