Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 EX-L and my door sill is surprisingly just painted like the rest of my car's exterior. It's the first car I've ever had which didn't come with a sill cover. Anyways, I did not want to spend $200+ on the OEM one for my car, but I found these for the 2019 Pilot:

Dumb question, but will they fit on my 2016? I would've assumed they would list it for 2016-20 if it fit, so I figure I'd ask here.

Also does anyone have these? I'm wondering are these just a sticker that will get rubbed down in 2-3 years or is it an actual stiff plate that will last the life of my vehicle?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have a 2016 EX-L and my door sill is surprisingly just painted like the rest of my car's exterior. It's the first car I've ever had which didn't come with a sill cover. Anyways, I did not want to spend $200+ on the OEM one for my car, but I found these for the 2019 Pilot:

Dumb question, but will they fit on my 2016? I would've assumed they would list it for 2016-20 if it fit, so I figure I'd ask here.

Also does anyone have these? I'm wondering are these just a sticker that will get rubbed down in 2-3 years or is it an actual stiff plate that will last the life of my vehicle?
I'd call and find out. Most people on here went with original OEM, or the newer blue ones. I've even seen some nice custom ones ones on the Ridgeline forms. They look good. It PVC is difference than aluminum. I have the original white OEMs and have a few dents and scratches but they still light up and look great.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Those look to be a pretty simple solution AND according to the installation instructions I found for them, they include 4 pieces. Two for the front doors, and two for the rear doors! I will be ordering some soon, thanks!

Door Sill Protection Installation

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I'm going to order these. The OEM lighted ones are too much at $300. My EX-L didn't come with door sill covers, so I'm just looking for something basic to cover the scratches now that she's got 80,000 miles on her.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
4,260 Posts
I agree, I ordered the Passport version for my 2020 Passport Touring. The cost of the lighted version didn't bother me, but I just am not into the lighted bling thing. Otherwise I would have got the lighted version along with the lighted running board.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I also just ordered the sill plate plastic protector covers in the last half hour. Thanks for posting the information. I had seen the ones that had the lights and although I thought they would be a nice addition, I didn't need to spend that kind of money for them. I'll get the tow hitch or something else eventually instead.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I also just ordered the sill plate plastic protector covers in the last half hour. Thanks for posting the information. I had seen the ones that had the lights and although I thought they would be a nice addition, I didn't need to spend that kind of money for them. I'll get the tow hitch or something else eventually instead.
I have these, and they work fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is one thing that bugs the hell out of me. I need to ask the Honda designers to why they were so cheap to skimp out on door sill protectors.

Like you, I’ve never owned a car that’s didn’t come with them by default. Mine are scratched up AF...

Why Honda? Why!?!?

I ended up buying the OEM door sill protector stickers... they should’ve been stuck on by default to say the least

·
Registered
258 Posts
I never understand these. Any time I've installed nice door sill covers, I become more paranoid about scratching them up than I was about scratching up the paint underneath to begin with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts