Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Honda Pilot EX-L and 2019 Chev Corvette 2LT
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all the posts and watched videos on how to reprogram the FOB but I have a different issue.
I reprogrammed the FOB and all the doors unlock and lock with the FOB EXCEPT the drivers door.
I can lock and unlock the door using the key from outside. I can manually push down on the door lock and lock and unlock the door from inside.
When I use the rocker switch on the door panel to lock or unlock the doors all the doors unlock and lock EXCEPT the drivers door.

So I guess there is a separate actuator in each door obviously. Has anyone had one of these go bad? Could something just need to be lubricated? I does seem to be a little stiff when I manually move the lock button.

Thanks in advance, you all are great solving these issues
Ron

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
502 Posts
I bought a used 2004 Pilot and the previous owner said the fobs were all dead and that only the key would unlock the car, and I had to manually lock each door whenever I wanted to leave the car somewhere. The first thing I did was replace all 4 actuators. They cost about $15 each, but it takes about an hour each to get to them, swap them out, and put them back in. Also, if you're not extremely careful about how you reassemble all the metal levers in the lock mechanism that surround the actuator, then your handle will jam or won't work at all. There are a few helpful youtube videos showing tips for swapping the actuators.

Another thing you might encounter is the 3 phillips head screws that hold the lock mechanism into the side of the door. All 12 of them were corroded and stuck and I had to either drill them out or use screw extractors. So you might want to have some new 1.5 inch M6 flat head screws handy if you end up doing what I did.

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
502 Posts
I bought my replacement actuators on Amazon. Note that there is one model for left side, and one for right side. Front seat/back seat doesn't matter, just left and right.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,846 Posts
If needed, this is a good time to replace the door checker and/or speaker since you’ll have the door panel off.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
2004 Pilot EX-L
502 Posts
If needed, this is a good time to replace the door checker and/or speaker since you’ll have the door panel off.
Good point. I had to do all 3 of those things about a week apart with every one of the doors, so I got really good at removing that inner panel quickly. The first time is always the hardest, especially if you end up breaking any of the little clips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts