Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honda Pilot 2012 EX-L
89K miles

Hi: When I press the door lock buttons with the key fob or physically at door panel it triggers the windshield wipers to move about 6 inches at time, also the windshield water sprays only one time if activated, and when I turn off the car there is a humming sound that last about a minute then stops.
My Pilot has nothing aftermarket , I am the original owner, a couple week prior onset of the problem I had timing belt replaced, for about two weeks I had no issues.
I replaced battery new , terminals are tight.

I have spoken to Honda technicians , they have done the following ...

1. no service bulletins were found
  2. diagnostic computer gives no bad codes
  3. the door master controls and door actuator was disconected to isolate the issue , the issue continued.
  4. They suggested to replace driver control fuse panel module ( very expensive), which I did.
  5. $700 later , the issue remains.

If anyone experience the same issue and have found a solution?, please post it.
suggestions appreciated

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
The humming after shutoff is the hard drive in the center console entertainment stack. It's normal. Starts when you open the door to get in, runs to shutoff plus a minute or so.

You wipers & washers will take more smarts than I have handy right now.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have always wondered what that noise was in the center stack. It is constant especially in cold whether. Is it some kind of heater for the Hard Drive or is it something else?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
It's the hard drive itself. Must be a little noisier when cold to hear when you get in the car. After driving though, one might assume that it's warmed up to at least cabin temperature, so I have no explanation for why you are hearing it more now. Ears more sensitive now that you are searching for problems in the cabin? Mine has done it since new, and many have reported the same symptom.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the issue in my car is door locks malfunction and activate wipers , has any one who had this issue found a solution? Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*******FIXED FIXED finally .Culprit: Loose plugs behind pedals around fuse box.

I recommend :First, unplugged and plug all plugs electrical connectors ;that was the cause of my issue.

I even replaced the expensive driver side fuse box $500 , to later discover the loose plugs. A mechanic at a Honda dealer in Miami Lakes discovered the issue in 10 minutes.

one possible cause of the loose plugs is that while I rest /sleep in the car ,sometimes , I must have kicked the fuses with my shoes ,as I stretched my legs while resting in the driver seat.

see attached picture and note shoe marks around the plugs ( brown plugs).

I hope this helps someone else. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts