Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 Pilot left rear door glass fell down into door.
Should be simple, using a Dorman replacement regulator, right?
Not!
With regulator and door glass attached loosely, glass won’t move forward into the front channel. Moving the glass and then trying to install glass to regulator bolts was a no go.
I even hogged out the holes in the regulator where the glass attaches. No better.

I bought a new regulator from Honda today.
Same problem.

I will again search the door for any obstructions. I suppose I should reinstall the failed regulator to see if it lines up.

Other than that, all I can think of is to check the location of the mounting tabs on the glass. Seems like a long shot, but....
Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
DISREGARD PREVIOUS TRANSMISSION!

PILOT ERROR!

Front edge of glass was not properly fitting into forward channel inside the door.

Posting original message forced me to think through the process.
That led me to the answer.

This forum has value in at least making me think it through.
Thanks for being here.

Now to sell a Dorman regulator with enlarged mounting holes, but otherwise as new.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just did this last weekend. For what it’s worth Dorman regulator has lifetime warranty and Honda doesn’t. I installed a dorman regulator because of the price and warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,292 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
PILOT ERROR!

Now to sell a Dorman regulator with enlarged mounting holes, but otherwise as new.
Glad to hear you got your Pilot error fixed. Will the enlarged mounting holes on the Dorman unit cause a different Pilot error for the buyer?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should be no more Pilot Error.
Pilot has been admonished by ground crew to straighten up and fly right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts