Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that Honda has vehicle specific door edge guards for their line up ... Are there edge guards that will fit the PILOT ?

PrG

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes I'd be interested in edge guards. We have a "cozy" two car garage. Pilot will be replacing a minivan (SLIDING doors) and we are afraid the kids will now be banging doors.

Years ago my dad got two rubber "edge guard" type things and put one on each car, on the doors that faced the other car. :)

Is this a Honda product? Does anyone have any experience with aftermarket products that work well? The 'other' car in the garage will be a Saturn SL2. Guess I'll have to get them side-by-side and see where the "touchpoints" are.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
PrG said:
I've noticed that Honda has vehicle specific door edge guards for their line up ... Are there edge guards that will fit the PILOT ?

PrG
PrG -

Yes, there are Honda edge guards for the Pilot. When I was shopping for a Pilot, one of the dealers in Maryland (Jim Coleman Honda) had, as one of their mandatory accessories, door edge guards for the Pilot. It was on their showroom floor model. The edge guard was part of the "appearance package" which included pinstriping and some other stuff that I didn't want :28:. I think the price for the package was in the neighborhood of $400 (the door edge guard was not itemized so I can't tell you how much it is by itself).

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was going to recommend that MDX thread also, that shows it all very well. I just put some door edge guards on our black pilot. Found a roll of 25 feet of black door edge guard at Pep Boys for $10. I think they only had black and silver, so if your looking for a specific color try the place mentioned on that MDX thread. The 25 feet did all 4 doors from top to bottom and the sides and bottom of the hatch and there was still a good 4-5 ft left. One problem though is the body side molding on the front doors - it is to wide for the door guard to wrap around it, I thought I had it attached but the glue never quite caught hold and (just that area) started to pop off after a few days. I may try some glue or just cut them off of the molding area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey, do you all think that chrome door edge guards look good or look tacky on a black car? Interested in your opinions

·
Registered
664 Posts
I like it but...

I noticed the door edge guards on the MDX forum look great. I was on the site ready to order them when something caught my eye. As you trace the door from top to bottom the black (LX) or body color (EX) molding appears to be at the very height which you would meet the next car door. I tried it with my Accord and found it to be true. The trim seems to be the door guard. Has anyone checked this out or found the same thing? It also does not seem possible to put this guard on the edge of the trim since it is somewhat, well...chunky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts