Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't normally open the passenger's door, but when I did just now looking for something under the passenger's seat, I noticed a rubbing/clicking noise when the door was fully opened. Looking closer, I noticed some scratches on the lower rear left front fender near where the door is hitting the fender. It's hard to tell what caused the scratches or if that's what is causing the door to hit the fender. The driver's door comes close enough to have removed some paint in the same spot but it doesn't make a noise. Anywho, the question is, what is the best way to fix this? No rust yet, but I'm sure it will start if I don't do something about this.

Is this a very tight tolerance to begin with and is there an easy fix? The door gap all the way around is consistent on both sides so I'm hesitant to start loosening hinges. I'm wondering if the fenders moved back when I was tapping the front bumper back on after changing to fog light leds. The gaps between the bumper, hood, and headlight assemblies looks normal.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
I don't normally open the passenger's door, but when I did just now looking for something under the passenger's seat, I noticed a rubbing/clicking noise when the door was fully opened. Looking closer, I noticed some scratches on the lower rear left front fender near where the door is hitting the fender. It's hard to tell what caused the scratches or if that's what is causing the door to hit the fender. The driver's door comes close enough to have removed some paint in the same spot but it doesn't make a noise. Anywho, the question is, what is the best way to fix this? No rust yet, but I'm sure it will start if I don't do something about this.

Is this a very tight tolerance to begin with and is there an easy fix? The door gap all the way around is consistent on both sides so I'm hesitant to start loosening hinges. I'm wondering if the fenders moved back when I was tapping the front bumper back on after changing to fog light leds. The gaps between the bumper, hood, and headlight assemblies looks normal.

Lift door, tighten hinge bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts