Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,532 Posts
Opening them up to fix them made more sense at the time that thread was started in 2012, but less so now that those microswitches can be had for about 10 bucks, often including the LED bulbs. Still, good to know it's doable.

Amazon.com: 2Pcs Interior Light Switch + 2Pcs Bonus Map Dome Light LED Bulbs Fit for Honda Accord/Dodge/Pilot/Ridgeline/Odyssey/Ram 1500 Replace 34404-SDA-A21, 34404-SDA-A22D3, 924-798: Industrial & Scientific

Just be sure to get some that are compatible with your model year.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What interests me about opening up the switches is that it could cure what new switches eventually will not: the ineffective fixture pins in the base unit.

You can clean the pins all day long but when (not if) the pins become effectively thinner due to the inevitable pitting, all the new switches in the world won't help once that occurs. I have a pile of brand new switches ... and now a new fixture arriving today.

That one's not made by Honda but nor is it $85 like Honda's is. We'll see how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Repaired mine today by spraying contact cleaner into both switches and pins and swapped the switches side to side. Now to see how long that lasts!

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
35 Posts
I swapped the switches out today. Works as designed. I hate taking off the plastic light covers, but I got it done without breaking one!

81 - 85 of 85 Posts