Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Anyone have instructions on replacing the base?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Anyone have instructions on replacing the base?
I didn't snap any pictures while doing it, but I changed mine yesterday evening. It took MAYBE 30 minutes to do, including a parts store run to buy some new bulbs. Here's a quick write up for you (doing this from memory).

There are 4 screws to remove - 2 under the sunglass holder, 2 under the light covers. Use a small flathead to remove the light covers (be careful because they CAN break, but they do come out pretty easily.) The screws were phillips and 10mm maybe (I just used my phillips that I had handy, so I'm not sure on the size).
Once they're removed, the whole assembly will lower, but not come out. There are tabs to prevent it from just falling out of the headliner - just pull it free from the headliner.
Remove the two electrical connectors.
There are tabs holding the base (and Homelink if equipped) to the whole housing - I used a flathead to push them free.
Push the tabs holding the Homelink to the base and remove the homelink.
Remove the light bulbs from the old base, and install in the new base.
Reinstall in the reverse and you're done!

·
Registered
777 Posts
I used a paper clip with a slightly bent lip to wedge in and over the plastic lense to pry it down. But the explanation above is correct.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I didn't snap any pictures while doing it, but I changed mine yesterday evening. It took MAYBE 30 minutes to do, including a parts store run to buy some new bulbs. Here's a quick write up for you (doing this from memory).

There are 4 screws to remove - 2 under the sunglass holder, 2 under the light covers. Use a small flathead to remove the light covers (be careful because they CAN break, but they do come out pretty easily.) The screws were phillips and 10mm maybe (I just used my phillips that I had handy, so I'm not sure on the size).
Once they're removed, the whole assembly will lower, but not come out. There are tabs to prevent it from just falling out of the headliner - just pull it free from the headliner.
There are tabs holding the base (and Homelink if equipped) to the whole housing - I used a flathead to push them free.
Thanks for the instructions. I finally got around to doing it this evening and your steps were right on. The only thing I have to add is that the screw head size is 8mm. Other than that, I got the base swapped out, and the light works fine again. :29:

·
Registered
557 Posts
I been having this issue on my 08 Pilot for a while, pushing the driver light doesn't come on nor does the switch on the dash. So i took mine apart, and this seems to be an issue with the rear trunk light i had issue a while ago that was loose that need a nice reassemble and if you put some hot glue to keep them in place will prevent it from loosen up in the long run. Anyways, i did a quick fix without any part! Basically you just snap both switch on the dome assembly out and switch em over, tada!!! Both now are working perfectly!!! Hope this helps!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
My 2006 Pilot has that seatbelt problem as well. The right side rear door had a whole bunch of dents on the metal panel where the wheel arch is. Couldn't figure out how that happened until my kids started slamming the door on the seat belt buckle. Oh, that's how.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Here are the pics to go with the installation (pics 1- 10).

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
What's the difference between part 34404-SDA-A22 and 34404-SDA-A21? I have an 05 EX-L with DVD. Want to order the right part :)
Confirmed:
A21 = 2005 to 2007
A22 = 2008 to 2013

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
What's the difference between part 34404-SDA-A22 and 34404-SDA-A21? I have an 05 EX-L with DVD. Want to order the right part :)
I think A22 is 2008 and newer while A21 is 2007 and older
I installed the A21 into my Pilot (which is the same year as yours).

·
Registered
12 Posts
We solved our problem. We took apart the button inside the driver's side door. The whole mechanism had been pushed in and was not functioning because it was always "open". Now the chimes work, the alarm for leaving the keys in, and the light.

I am pretty sure our button got pushed in because of the seatbelt. Sometimes it will not retract as it is supposed to, and it gets caught between the door and the side. I have had this problem with all 3 of my Hondas (Pilot and 2 Civics). I wonder if it me or if it is a Honda problem?

Hello!

I have a 2007 pilot an experiencing similar issues. Can you tell me where is the location of the light switch in the door jamb? I opened the door and all I see is the two metal hinges and the wire loom for the door controls. Thanks for any info!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have the same seatbelt problem... There were dents all over the door jamb and it took me a while to figure out why.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also experienced the drivers side map light not coming on when the door was open but it came on when I pressed the light in.

It turns out all I needed to do was take mine apart and play with the contact pins in the switch and they began working again. They just got loose with time and bending them back into position to make sure they had good contact fixed the issue with no need to buy anything.

I just wanted to throw this solution in here in case I can save someone the hassle and cash of ordering a new switch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It turns out all I needed to do was take mine apart and play with the contact pins in the switch and they began working again. They just got loose with time and bending them back into position to make sure they had good contact fixed the issue with no need to buy anything.
What switch are we talking? the 2 white switches in the dome light? The ones that click in to turn on the light?

I'm having this problem right now, very annoying...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am also having a problem with the defrost button / A/C unit, whatever you call it... Nothing lights up on that piece... How do I go about making it light up again?

·
Super Moderator
15,151 Posts
21 - 40 of 58 Posts