Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Pilot running great, completed long trip no error lights on the dash so battery was fine. Got sick for 2 days then went to use the car and the battery was totally drained! I always watch to make sure the timer relay shuts the lights off. Transponder works when it feels like regardless of the battery. The Dome switch is in the normal Door Open/light on mode. I recharged the 2 year old Interstate battery with a safe 2 Amp trickle charge. Started the car and measured the voltage of the alternator and checked for any alternator error lights.
everything is good. The only thing I found was a burned out Dome light bulb on the driver's side. Replaced the bulb and checked the slide and lense switches were working properly at night. Transponder locked the car and the lights went off. With the bulb out then you'd have an open circuit so no drain. The only remote possibility is that the Dome map light was accidently turned on and I didn't see that the light was on since it was dusk when we got home. The bulb probably burnt out over the next day or two by overheating but not before draining the battery. I wish the map light was disabled if the key is not in the ignition as that would prevent the battery from draining as you wouldn't see the light during the day time. Manual is wrong on page 176 Dome light switch Off/Door open light on/On. In the OFF mode they left out the word "not" at the end of the line so instead it reads the "light will ____ come on when the door is opened".

1 - 1 of 1 Posts