Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever wondered why the "on display" Pilots always have different wheels instead of the stock ones? This Redrock Pearl one also has body-color matching fog light covers... :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another One

This Taffeta White Pilot also has aftermarket wheels... Plus, it looks like it has a two-tone paint scheme -- note how the bottom half of the vehicle is black...:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
The Redrock Pearl Pilot in the photo was a prototype model, some people especially me wish that Honda retained the wheels and color matched fog light for the production version.

The Taffeta White Pilot looks to be a production model with aftermarket wheels and blacked out rocker panels. It's not uncommon for manufactures to modify a vehicle for a show to get a reaction/attention from the buying/browsing public. The white Pilot looks nice but I prefer the monochromatic look myself......

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
borg: I like the color-matched fog light, also... Actually, I think I would've preferred the fog lights recessed into the bumper versus sticking out... :)

Also, the front tint on that Taffeta White looks pretty cool, too... :cool:

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
It would be nice to know the manufacturer and size of those wheels and tires on the Red prototype. I've always liked the look of those from the very beginning. I was a little disappointed in the wheels / tires the first time I saw my Pilot on delivery day. I'm accustom to them now, but still like that prototype better.

The two-tone on the white Pilot looks great! Very sporty.:cool:

I'd be temped to do that on mine, but don't think black would go with Evergreen...........

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I plan to replace the OEM Goodyears this fall with MXT's and also looking @ 16" alloy wheels from the Element to replace the stock wheels on the Pilot....then I will purchase the fog lights and take it to a body shop and have it painted to match my Pilot. I will have to conduct more research and make the pitch to the Mrs. before I can proceed with my plans though:D

Element alloy wheel:

Attachments

·
Registered
342 Posts
Borg, now that the Element is being sold in numbers you will almost certainly be able to find an owner out there who has replaced his stock rims and will be willing to sell them to you.

Could make your efforts a whole lot less expensive.

Of course, pictures when you do it please.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
borg said:
.....the look I'm trying to achieve for my Pilot.
borg: Any plans on having that body shop paint your black door handles to body-color match your Sandstone, also...??? :confused:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
kemosabe: I actually don't mind the black door handles or the little black accents found in the Pilot, I just think that the fog lights would look better color matched. But then if Honda designed them to be recessed like you suggested(I like that idea) then I only have to shop around for new set of wheels:)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
borg: Oh, okay... I just thought that you may have decided to paint the door handles, too, since a few members have said the handles would look nice body-color matched... :)

Yup, I wish the fog lights were recessed and integrated into the bumper (guess this should actually go into the "nit-pick" thread :p ) -- maybe not exactly like this, but something similar... :4:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
kemosabe: If money was not an issue I would love to have all the different colored parts of the Pilot to match the sandstone metallic paint......I really like the monochromatic paint scheme as opposed to a 2 tone or more.;)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dusting Off This Thread

Even this Redrock Pearl "dog & pony show" Pilot from an Auto Show has chrome exhaust tips!!! :D

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts