Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dog hair/dog pics

I know many of you have dogs...do you ban them from the Pilot?

Does anyone have a favorite dog hair removal method? I have not let our two Aussies in the Pilot yet. I'm not too worried about the blue one, as his hair will blend, but the red one! His hair is just too visable.

Attachments

·
Registered
725 Posts
Duct Tape

Duct Tape is the best for everything - including the removal of dog hair. I only allow my dog into the very back area of our PILOT (the area open when the third row seat is down)

·
Registered
385 Posts
for this reason, just purchased... CARGO TRAY

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
davemac said:
Oh, good clue! I guess I did not think of my dogs as "cargo," but that's where they would sit. Davemac is that a Bernese?

PILOTinginCO, I was wondering if duct tape might take up too much of the carpet material with it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes Mac, that is my Bernese, Henry. He has spent most of this day sleeping in the (empty) bathtub, after being stung in the arse by a bee. Apparently, the cool fiberglass is comforting to his wound.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
davemac said:
Yes Mac, that is my Bernese, Henry. He has spent most of this day sleeping in the (empty) bathtub, after being stung in the arse by a bee. Apparently, the cool fiberglass is comforting to his wound.
Yup. We found my mom's shepherd with her head lodged behind the tiolet after a wasp sting in the face. Cooler is better.

Talk about thread drift. Your dog is great! I have always loved the BMDs. Does he enjoy the RES?;)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Its taking longer than expected for him to "master" the remote control, but (upon completion) I'm sure he will build a collection of dvds

·
Registered
340 Posts
From the owner of a yellow lab:

Buy the Cargo Liner! It creates a 'bathtub' of protection for the back that makes removing dog hair and all they bring with them, a breeze. Woth every pennin, IMHO. You can add the cargoy tray for even more protections. I would also recommend the separation net if they are likely to jump the rear seat.

Here's a pix when she was a pup...

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Threadhead said:
From the owner of a yellow lab:

Here's a pix when she was a pup...
Why Threadhead! You're really "dudeontheflorwithpup"!

OK! Cargo tray it is!

Maybe we should change this thread name to post your dog pics here! Please, everyone? There's nothing like a good dog pic! You can teel a lot about a person by the car he drives, the dog that owns him...:17:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
macbethderham said:

Why Threadhead! You're really "dudeontheflorwithpup"!

OK! Cargo tray it is!

Maybe we should change this thread name to post your dog pics here! Please, everyone? There's nothing like a good dog pic! You can teel a lot about a person by the car he drives, the dog that owns him...:17:
Gees - haven't checked for posts in 4 hours and there are 59 of 'em! :eek:
Anyway - If I were you I'd do the cargo liner to protect the back of the 3rd row seats. (My daughter has a Blue Merle Aus - I know what you're talkin' about ;). I have 2 dogs that don't shed so I didn't need the liner. I have the cargo tray and it's great for spills, easy cleanups, etc but it's HARD. So ya gotta put something down on it for them to lay on. (Yea - I'm a sap :rolleyes: ). You can do both.
:cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The great mountain dogs

Well... if you need great dog pics, here is a pic of my greater swiss mountain dog in her new halloween costume. Aren't mountain dogs great - shedding in black, white, AND brown to ensure that you can see it anywhere? They are the best dogs though... we had a hard time deciding between a swissy and a berner.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I took the risk of ordering a silver Pilot with grey cloth interior even though I have a Golden Retreiver. Her hair hasn't been a problem in my tan leather interior Ford Escape. I would have considered a tan interior in the Pilot (to hide any loose dog hair) but I didn't like any of the associated Pilot exterior colours.
It's good to know about the cargo liner should I have a problem.

·
Registered
123 Posts
davemac said:
Dog hair is not an issue with me.

My dog is too wild when she sees a dog, cat or anything with four legs on the street sidewalk. She scratches the window too much and real afraid that she will destroy the radio antenna on the rear side glass and/or the heating elements on the rear hatch glass. Have continuously been thinking about this issue since 8/15 with my tiny brain and have yet found reasonable solution. Anyone with a bigger brain than mine got any bright idea(s)?

Can't have Cargo Tray b/c my youngest son wants to sit on all the way back, the 3rd row seat.

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
pilot03 said:

Dog hair is not an issue with me.

My dog is too wild when she sees a dog, cat or anything with four legs on the street sidewalk. She scratches the window too much and real afraid that she will destroy the radio antenna on the rear side glass and/or the heating elements on the rear hatch glass. Have continuously been thinking about this issue since 8/15 with my tiny brain and have yet found reasonable solution. Anyone with a bigger brain than mine got any bright idea(s)?

Can't have Cargo Tray b/c my youngest son wants to sit on all the way back, the 3rd row seat.
www.ruffrider.com for your wild animal :29:
- tight enough to protect her
- enough slack to be comfy
- not enough to jump up on the sides and scratch

We've used it for a few years now, tho not in the X -- have the sep net and tray in there. The ruffrider's a great setup and in the GS it's fantastic, since our golden likes to ride shotgun, and I don't want her going through the windshield or getting whacked by the airbag. When my wife's riding shotgun, she doesn't want the pooch on her lap :)

Back to the hair topic: both our cars are black on black. The only thing that makes cleanup easier is they're both leather.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Cat?

No problem here. Our cat is a home body.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: Cat?

autobahn said:
No problem here. Our cat is a home body.
But autobahn, you go on those great European road trips...does Kitty stay home alone?:eek:

Beautiful cat, BTW...and the genetics that make her that way are too cool :cool: .

·
Registered
900 Posts
Re: Re: Cat?

macbethderham said:
Beautiful cat, BTW...and the genetics that make her that way are too cool :cool: .
We have a calico (and a tabby) too, but she is more white than black/brown. OK what are the genetics? Sounds interesting. You're the biologist.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Re: Re: Cat?

macbethderham said:

But autobahn, you go on those great European road trips...does Kitty stay home alone?:eek:

Absolutely! She does not do well around strangers, strange smells in hotel rooms, or riding in cars. She loves it at home. We have some wonderful friends that check in on her when we are on the road. :1:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts