Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your rear wiper washer spray like the windshield washer nozzles? Mine kinda slups or drools in a large puddle - seems like it should SPRAY! Let me know what yours does - thanks...

:confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:?????????? :confused:

·
Registered
920 Posts
It dripples down the window. Unfortunately, that's the design.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Slurp or Spray

In the words of a 7-11 clerk..would you like a slurpie today?

Mine definitely slurps. I was waiting for my first dealer visit to get it repaired, my assumption is that is should spray.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Today is the first day to rain since I bought my Pilot. I tried turning on the rear wiper this morning and I had the same question too. Now I guess you all answered my question. I won't feel bad anymore.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
SLURP.

If it sprayed, you would not get the same area coverage when traveling at high speed (the spray would dissipate).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pathetic design

Well, at 85 MPH it still slurps and makes cleaning the rear window a highly unlikely event! The design of the rear air deflector doesn't channel any air across the rear window to keep it clean - hence, you have the absolutely filthiest accumulation of road crud all over the rear of the Pilot! To make things even worse, the large stream of fluid from the ersatz washer makes for large streams of dirty fluid streaked across the lower painted portion of the rear door. The design team at Honda who dreamed up this incredibly poor design should be banished to the Kia factory for the remainder of their careers...
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Kia....

Wow....harsh words! ;)

I agree 1000% though. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Mine drools all over the place like a 6mo old baby.

Maybe a nozzle replacement? Probably wont make a difference though. The pressure seems to be the issue.

·
Registered
415 Posts
You have to admit, it's better to have something slurping than nothing. Sometimes a little optimistic view about things makes us forget about the designer's blunders...until it gets discussed (or should I say whined about...what kind of cheese would you like with that?) in this website.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Mine:16:all over the place!!

just kidding! it has the runs too...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine drools, too! At first, I thought it must be broken. So if I mention it to the service people, they'll say there's nothing that can be done?

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The next time ours is in the dealer's shop, I intend to find out what they say!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Its like you sat a water hose on the top of my Pilot and turned it on just enough for the water to snake in a pretty straight line down the window. The right side gets clean, the left side gets streaks.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roger that on the streaks! Overall, the system that slurps really sucks...

:mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:!!! :mad:

·
Registered
408 Posts
The only thing you have to do, to know that the Honda slurp system for the rear window is the best, check a Navigator (ford) cleaning his rear window....... the spray splash all the dirt around the window with not a very good appearance.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, if anyone sees an aftermarket replacement for the spoiler on the back of the Pilot that replaces it with a diverter that forces air down across the rear of thge vehicle, let me know! Since mine is white, it is apparent that the dead zone behind the rear of the Pilot allows any and all dirt to deposit itself on the rear window and door panel. There is more dirt collected on those areas than on the entire other surfaces of the vehicle - when there are messy roads with salt and dirt from melting snow, it gets UGLY!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Roger That

Took my Pilot in for the SRS update on Tuesday and asked them to look at the dribbling rear washer - The service manager said that is "normal"- this thread prety much confirms that. Because it is "normal" doesn't mean it's right.
Love this vehicle, but it is the dirtiest thing I've ever owned.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
There's a poll on this. Most, but not all, dribble.:drool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would demand a fix, this dribble of water is unacceptable. It hardly cleans the rear window, even the Kia Sorento has a better design.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
jmaniyat said:
I would demand a fix, this dribble of water is unacceptable. It hardly cleans the rear window, even the Kia Sorento has a better design.
I think it works just fine, especially at highway speeds.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts