Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Our son in college drives a Honda Passport. Good vehicle but you can tell from the fit and finish it was never a true Honda at heart.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Hmmm, kinda interesting article. I think a lot of it depends on what kind of cars/trucks are driven by the people the teen looks up to - be it their parent or an older sibling. We passed on Mrs. Colorider's Dodge Stratus to her 15YO son and he was only mildly enthused about it - even though he is a MoPar fan as the result of his older brother. We let him sell it and take the money to buy the vehicle of his choice (we helped a bit). He kinda wanted a classic - perhaps even a muscle car. For a while he wanted a old VW bug and almost bought my brother's '66. Then he thought about a Dakota 4X4, but didn't have enough $$$. Finally settled on a pretty decent Ranger XLT 4X4.

He has had it for about 9-10 months now, but look for him to want to trade when he has more money saved. I KNOW it will not be a Honda as he is totally turned off by all the little Civics running around town with the coffee can exhaust tip and such. "Beanerized" he calls them!! :)

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My daughter drives a VW, but she's only four.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kid's Honda

My oldest son just turned 16. We purchased a '02 Civic EX for him to drive. It's a pearl blue 4-door automatic, a far cry from the "Fast & Furious", but it's very nice. I just added a set of 17" wheels & tires, along with a set of drilled brake rotors, but that's as far as the modifications will go. Well, maybe a little window tint. We've owned a '96 Accord LX & a '00 Odyssey EX in the past, now we have the '02 Civic EX, and the '03 Pilot EXL. Honda's are the best.

·
Registered
173 Posts
honda family

Our eldest daughter (27) has a '90 Civic & an '87 Accord Lxi HB

Our son (25) has a '90 Integra HB

Our youngest (24) HAD a '94 Accord sedan, but when she remarried & gained another son with her 2, they opted for a Suburban. Has regretted it since. She wishes she'd bought a Pilot. (Her husband had a "thing" against "rice burners")

Our mother's: his drives '87 Accord LXi & mine has an '95 Oddessy

There are numerous other Hondas in the family..... MrJC is one of 8 & about half now have Hondas, 6 used to. Then there's neices & nephews......

Even our lawn mower is an '03 Honda!!!
:2:

Our 5 year old grandson calls one of his riding cars a Honda & had grandpa put a Honda "H" on the front. This is a kid that has known his car makes since 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts